Recently in our NBA headlines 2 players have taken the media by storm, I have twisted head around this topic because these 2  furure Hall Of Famers and All-Stars. These men has had excellent playing careers and I think any team would be lucky to have them, other teams would die to have these explosive players. The big question that comes in mind is that can the lakers handle this aura of power? Can the handle this cap space? and too many ball handlers and not enough role players.

Paul George is a phenomenal player, he originally comes from L.A.-so it makes sense for him wanting to play in his home city-PG line of work starts at Fresno State, where he played 2 years. In 2010 PG entered the Draft and picked 10th overall; his career has had a a curvy road through  a major injury and his countless awards. PG was currently traded to the OKC Thunder for Victor Oladipo and Domains Sabots and has come out and said that he will sign with lakers in 2018 no matter what, but reports of him and Russel Westbrook says that the two are getting along and have a shot at winning a chip. The duo connect really well and I think he could possibly stay because Westbrook did recently win MVP, therefore the firepower of that team has a chance to compete in this overpowered western conference. Additionally Carmelo Anthony was traded to the organization, so that just makes this team even more deadly. PG main motive on joining the lakers is to ultimately win a chip and hopefully mentor this young team, I would like to also add Magic Johnson did tamper with PG and connection to Pacers, where he was fined.

Now LeBron James, the best player in the league right now and arguably the G.O.A.T. Nothing stops this man from 3 Chips, 4-time MVP and beat the 73-9 Warriors in a 3-1 Finals. Being able to sign LBJ is a honor and a privilege, his talent is rare and overwhelming. LeBron grew up in Akron, Ohio and has been a celebrity since High School; 3x Mr. Basketball of Ohio and a McDonald All-American. LBJ was drafted #1 overall in the 2003 draft, I would like to note that he never went to college and came straight from HIGH SCHOOL. LeBron has spent the last 2 upcoming 3 season in Cleveland winning a chip and making it the finals, he is a player that can basically do whatever he wants including owning a NBA team and joining a team. His motive to leave the Cavs is that Magic Johnson can give him mentoring tips on owning a franchise. LBJ has faced the fact that he is getting old and won’t be in his prime forever, so he is preparing to retire and buy a franchise.

The biggest thing that stands in the way of this player gathering is Cap-Space. I don’t think that the lakers can afford these two because the better the player, the more money they need. In-order for the lakers to possibly affored these two they need to cut players like Luol Deng and Corey Brewer   because they are getting paid to much. Also I would like to include that there  is to many head chefs on the team and not enough role players, but only future can resolve this.

Photo by miguel.discart

CC BY-SA 4.0 Will PG13 and LBJ sign with the Lakers? by Ethan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Simon 3 months ago

I am interested with your post because of how rare we see two superstars join together and go into one team. I don’t think personally LeBron would join the Lakers because of him wanting to make his own legacy without caring who he joins. He only cares about people on his team and doesn’t seem to care about teaming up with anyone he’s already not apart of.
    One thing that stands out for me is when you said it’s makes sense that Paul George could go to the Lakers because of L.A being his hometown. I think this is exciting so that we could see how good other players can play with new team mates and if new teams can actually have a shot at winning the finals. Maybe we’ll see other stars also move teams in the future.

2. Keaton 4 months ago

Those are some cool pictures