I AM HUMAN

I looked through a mirror

I saw a human

Inside was much more

I am Christian

In minds I am a man

A man with a girlfriend

But for real  I’m a man with a boyfriend

But no matter what

I am still human

All my life I was told to be a man

A masculine man

The day I looked in the mirror

I saw someone different

I found out I’m the opposite

But I am human

My name is Lukas

I am gay

I support LGBT

All People know except the ones that;

Don’t like it

I’m glad that in today’s life

no one will judge me

I love life

No matter what I’m still human

By: Lukas Braszko

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Coming Out by lukas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Author
    lukas 3 weeks ago

Hey it’s me I loved the first one that what is going on with me right now but my dad never said sorry he still doesn’t like it. The second was ok I understood the story but they could have done a better music video.I have a question are you a guy or girl?

2. Sydney 3 weeks ago

Beautiful

3. Whitlee 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed this so much. I can connect with it, and I love how you made a reference to how the outside world sees masculinity. I actually have a song and music video that I love in connection to the toxicity of masculinity. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8y-WyBrNgQ) (There is another one by the same artist that encompasses gender stereotypes entirely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr3x1kVVEc) I honestly hate the terms masculinity and femininity. I believe we are all human, why do we have walls on who we can be? Sex. Gender. Sexuality. None of it should be set by society. I love your line “No matter what I’m still human”. It’s beautiful and so honest. I wish all of society could see that. I’d love to hear what you think of the songs!