I AM HUMAN

I looked through a mirror

I saw a human

Inside was much more

I am Christian

In minds I am a man

A man with a girlfriend

But for real  I’m a man with a boyfriend

But no matter what

I am still human

All my life I was told to be a man

A masculine man

The day I looked in the mirror

I saw someone different

I found out I’m the opposite

But I am human

My name is Lukas

I am gay

I support LGBT

All People know except the ones that;

Don’t like it

I’m glad that in today’s life

no one will judge me

I love life

No matter what I’m still human

By: Lukas Braszko

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Coming Out by lukas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Aurora 2 weeks ago

I love this coming out story because you’ve really highlighted how it feels coming out when you have conflicting aspects of your life such as religion. Sometimes like in your case it is very against the grain from what people tell you things are supposed to be and that can be really alienating. I’m so happy you’ve been able to accept who you are and accept that people are people regardless of sexuality. This piece so beautiful and relatable to so many people. From the sounds of it it seems like you struggled to come out to yourself and by looking in a mirror and talking with yourself you’ve created a strong sense of identity. You are such a strong person. I wonder, how have you been doing are you out to everyone? If you are I would love to hear more about your story! If you wanna hear my story its posted here on YV at (https://www.youthvoices.live/2017/11/15/coming-out-pansexual/). I’d love to hear from you!

2. Author
    lukas 3 months ago

Hey it’s me I loved the first one that what is going on with me right now but my dad never said sorry he still doesn’t like it. The second was ok I understood the story but they could have done a better music video.I have a question are you a guy or girl?

3. Sydney 3 months ago

Beautiful

4. Whitlee 3 months ago

I enjoyed this so much. I can connect with it, and I love how you made a reference to how the outside world sees masculinity. I actually have a song and music video that I love in connection to the toxicity of masculinity. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8y-WyBrNgQ) (There is another one by the same artist that encompasses gender stereotypes entirely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr3x1kVVEc) I honestly hate the terms masculinity and femininity. I believe we are all human, why do we have walls on who we can be? Sex. Gender. Sexuality. None of it should be set by society. I love your line “No matter what I’m still human”. It’s beautiful and so honest. I wish all of society could see that. I’d love to hear what you think of the songs!