Did you know that 10,000 people were killed in the past 18 month.

Hi my name is ammar and my topic is Yemen Civil War. the people that are affected the most

Are the civilians because they can’t do anything about the airstrike keep on hitting them everyday. The only thing they can do is try to survive. The privilege are those who are in the original government who are now being backed up by saudi arabia. They have privilege over the rebels who are being backed up by isis.

I chose this topic because i’m from yemen and it’s affecting people that i know like my family and friends and another reason why i chose this topic is because i see people in the news dying like children and babies and womens. And the war has stopped a lot of kids from getting their education.  

In a film video called Who can protect the yemen’s civilians it shows how the war is affecting the civilians. One example is the airstrike saudi arabia is saying that they are striking the rebellions but they are actually striking civilians.And  The impact and effects of war on children  In this report it shows that 50% of the refugees are children that are under 18 years old and thats affect their education which will affect them in the future.And in an article Key facts about the war in yemen  talking about the other countries that got involved in this war like saudi arabia who said they want to help yemen government against the rabilians but they end up doing airstrike on people which caused the death of 2,800 and 8,100 casualties overall. Also in a website Save the children In this website it shows that almost 4.5 million children and pregnant womens are in danger because of diseases and airstrikes.  

Thank you for reading my report i hope you can comment on my report so you can help me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Feedback on my research about the civil war in Yemen by Ammar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. koji 2 months ago

Dear Ammar,

I love your article because it talks about something so relevant and impactful for you. Lives are lost every day in a country filled with war and conflict, and the fact that you are doing your research project on this issue is very powerful. When you said that you chose this topic because, “I’m from Yemen and it’s affecting people that i know like my family and friends” it struck me. I have been very fortunate to grow up in a place where I don’t have to fear for my life, and I think i take that for granted.

Something that I am still interested about, do you have any stories of violence and war while you lived in Yemen? Or who are the friends and family affected by the civil war?

Something that I think could help your reserach project is by adding some statistics about the death toll and poverty that exists in Yemen. I found an article that could help you with some of these statistics by the BBC here: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29319423

This reminds me of learning about the civil war in the United States. Although it happened hundreds of years ago, it is still the bloodiest war to ever take place on American soil. I think this proves how devastating it can be when civil war breaks out and how impactful it will be.

I think if you include some statistics and some personal stories to your research paper it would really help with the connection to the reader and have me coming back for more!

-Koji

2. Ed 3 months ago

Ammar,

great post, really cool to see writing coming from an author who really cares about the subject. I think it’s astounding how little news coverage this war is getting, but as civilians discussing it is a step in the right direction. Distributing information about the atrocities going on in Yemen is what will move to create awareness hopefully leading to change. Humanitarian resources like Care (http://www.care.org/emergencies/yemen-humanitarian-crisis) and rescue.org (https://www.rescue.org/country/yemen) also provide useful information on the current situation in Yemen and the small steps we can take to aid the people suffering throughout the nation.

Looking forward to seeing you expand this paper and further raise awareness.
    Thank you.
    Edward

3. NIki 3 months ago

Dear Ammar,
    I like your topic alot and think that it is an event that is being overlooked. I was really sad to read about how awful and real this problem is for the civilians in Yemen, and think about how little its considered or even mentioned in mainstream news and media. I think that your personal connection to this topic makes you a perfect person to write this and reading the part about your family and all the defenseless civilians made it very real for me how much of an issue this is. When I was in Iran last summer with my family I heard about countless bombings and terrorist attacks in the middle east that nobody in America or anywhere really bothers to mention or worry about when so many lives are being destroyed and taken. I think if you added more numbers and statistics into your article to make it clear for the reader how many people are affected it may invoke a stronger reaction or understanding of the magnitiude of the crisis there. I really hope that you continue to write about this because it is a great topic and I look forward to watching the videos you put links to to become more educated on the topic. Here is an article about how the war in Yemen is a strategic failure. http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/08/saudi-arabia-war-yemen-strategic-failure-170823072854582.html

4. Truman 3 months ago

Dear, Ammar
    I am very blown away by this post about the civil war in Yemen. I think this is one of those conflicts and wars that have been forgotten about in the struggle of the world but is still very important for us as citizens of the world to understand and try to be of assistance in any way possible. Its appalling to me that up to 16 thousand people have been killed in the fighting along with over 10 thousand citizens and over 3 million people displaced by the fighting, Its also interesting to me that our mainstream news has not been reporting on such an issue as this as much as i think they should be. http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=56446#.Wc5zErLyvrd this link is to a report done by the united nations that really gets into the heart of the problem and provides numbers and stats about the war going on.

5. Rachel 3 months ago

Dear Ammar, I am sorry to hear that this war is effecting you. To be completely honest, I didn’t even know that there was a war going on there. I really liked reading your article because it brought to light to me some of the outcomes of the war. I didn’t know that the rebels were being backed by ISIS, which is a prominent terror group. I think you should research more on how ISIS is involved in this war so that more people will recognize it. If more attention is drawn to your topic, there will be a greater want to help the refugees and children who are being effected by this. Here is an article by CNN on a suicide bomber in Yemen who ISIS took responsibility for. http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/18/middleeast/yemen-suicide-bombing/index.html

6. Thomas 3 months ago

Ammar, I really like this topic. While we hear on the news all the time about some events such as the war with ISIS, these events are almost never mentioned on the news. I especially liked this quote, “the people that are affected the most Are the civilians because they can’t do anything about the airstrike keep on hitting them everyday”. It is truly horrible how innocent people are being killed. One article that might help you in your research can be found at https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/09/yemen-the-forgotten-war/ . I’m looking forward to seeing what you write next about this topic, because this truly is an underreported humanitarian crisis.

7. Zach 3 months ago

I really enjoyed reading this article, Ammar; the fact that you have a personal connection to the war is very touching and it is truly sad that this is happening in the world today. I especially think it’s horrible that 70% of the population of Yemen is in need of aid (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29319423). Thanks for your take on the issue. I enjoyed reading it immensely and look forward to reading more of your writing in the future. Maybe next you can write about how we can help the people in Yemen.

8. Mauro 3 months ago

Dear Ammar,

I am stunned by your post “Feedback on my research about the civil war in Yemen” because there is not a lot of sources concerning this topic. This is because not all of it can be documented properly. A country in war must have delayed information because of their fighting.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “I chose this topic because i’m from Yemen and it’s affecting people that i know like my family and friends“ I think this is interesting because you have a first hand experience and information of your topic and you should you use that to your advantage.

Another sentence that I found sickening was: “ Also in a website Save the children In this website it shows that almost 4.5 million children and pregnant women are in danger because of diseases and airstrikes.” This stood out for me because that’s a lot of people that are helpless and possibly hopeless. You should add a solution to either ending the war or maintain the consequences of it.

Your image reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my uncle took me to his war remembrance meeting in Argentina. He and his friends would look back on their fight with their own life. Argentina was at war with Great Britain and he almost did not make it but he lived to tell the story. He showed me a bunch of low-class guns and grenades/ This gave me a insight on how dangerous the war was. In your project you should include interviews of people you know that fled Yemen for escaping war.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you have primary sources of your topic. I also enjoyed reading the sources because they had lots of information on war.

9. Javier 3 months ago

Dear Ammar I am excited about your research topic on, “The Civil War in Yemen,” because most topics are more local to Oakland but yours is from another country and that makes us aware about what is happening another country.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Are the civilians because they can’t do anything about the airstrike keep on hitting them everyday. The only thing they can do is try to survive.” I think this is true because… the people who are affected are always the civilians in a war because they don’t do anything wrong but can still get hurt or killed.
    Another sentence that I enjoyed was: “I chose this topic because i’m from yemen and it’s affecting people that i know like my family and friends and another reason why i chose this topic is because i see people in the news dying like children and babies and womens. And the war has stopped a lot of kids from getting their education. ” This stood out for me because I never knew that many children were not getting the proper education in Yemen and I also did not know how many different people were affected by the civil war.Your self-reflection reminds me of something that I learned. The U.S civil war caused by disagreements between slavery caused many soldiers to die as well as innocent civilians.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your topic is very interesting and unique.

10. Walter 3 months ago

Ammar, I like your topic and it makes me happy your progress and how you took time to find really good sources. One quote that stands out for me is “people that I know like my family and friends are being affected”, because when there is a war everyone is on danger and especially kids because they have no idea what is going on and they cannot defend themselves. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I really like your topic.