One of the questions our world has been working to answer for many years is what if there was life outside of Earth. This has been one of my biggest interests and something I have been thinking about a lot recently. We have grown in our world for many many years but what if there is other life out there that is ahead of us, behind us, or with us? Air Space Magazine talks about the chances that we are the only advanced species in the universe. They say the odds are 1 in six billion. Something I wonder is that if the odds are that high of there being other intelligent life why have we not found it. Obviously we have explored a ridiculously small fraction of the universe but is there something that could be living close to us that we don’t know about? Science Magazine talks about how they did research and discovered that almost every sun has a planet. This gives the option that there might be life on all of those in the organisms can withstand the conditions. The question that boggles my mind most is the thought of another planet that is almost exactly like us but they have minor differences on how they eat, walk, breath, or live.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Are We Alone in the Universe? by Shane is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Issa 9 months ago

Dear shane
    I am fascinated about your topic “Are We Alone in the Universe?” because I believe that many people have asked themselves the same questions and also most every movie or TV show have a different perspective whether or not there is life outside of earth. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Obviously we have explored a ridiculously small fraction of the universe but is there something that could be living close to us that we don’t know about?.” I think this is important because even though people think that people think we have explored a lot of the universe but in reality we have not. Another sentence that I thought that was interesting was: “ Science Magazine talks about how they did research and discovered that almost every sun has a planet. ” This stood out for me because I believe that there is life outside of earth. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your topic is very interesting and I really want to see what happens.

2. Alex 9 months ago

Shane, this is a very interesting topic to me as well. There are so many planets that are in the “habitable zone”, but we still are unsure about other life forms. And if we ever do find other life forms, they are most likely going to be completely different than the life on Earth

3. Tanner 9 months ago

Shane, I too think about this sort of idea. I do think there other life forms at there, not necessarly what the media has predicted. Do you have any ideas that you think they look like, walk, eat, etc? I found this article from NASA. about the search for alien life. The author, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, says human atoms are 95% made of three basic elements: hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon. These three elemnets are on many other planets in our solar system and beyond. So there are great chances that there can be other life in space. Hope this article helps!

4. Ethan 9 months ago

Shane, I love your curiosity about the world beyond ours. Do you think that the extraterrestrial life is currently living among us? There has been claimed sightings of invaders dwelling in the skies and urban areas. Your question is a very logical thing to think about, how different are to aliens, if they exist?