I am Alexandria Valdez, but go by Lexie. I am 16 years old. I was born on May 21, 2001 in Denver, Colorado & I grew up here. We lived in Denver when I was a toddler, moved to Lakewood & stayed there from 3 years old to 14 years old. During the time we only moved once. Just down the street but it was to a whole other school. After 8th grade year, we moved to Arvada. That house was temporary because my parents were wanting to buy a home but when the time was right. I went to Arvada Senior High School for 9th & 10th grade year.  My parents started looking for houses towards the end of April. We found a house all the way out here in Aurora. Aurora is something totally new for my family & I. We are pretty far from everyone but still manage to have family time once in awhile. Something important to know about me is I truly love adventures.  I guess you can say I haven’t really had a turning point in my life yet. Maybe this move was a big milestone in my life but hasn’t really had a big effect on my life. I am still living & learning new things everyday.

In school, I like to meet new people. At my old school, I was a cheerleader. I made a lot more friends & got close to more people my sophomore year. I still manage to talk to one person on a regular basis & I can call him a true friend. We did everything together everyday. During school, I was good at keeping up with my grades & making sure I was passing. Freshman year I made sure to pass all my classes but my grades were pretty low due to me not really taking it as serious as I should have. School is honestly my main priority. I may slack off once in awhile but I will make sure I succeed. I want to be a medical assistant & a cosmetologist when I am done with high school. I will go to college the fall after graduating & have a successful career. Over all in school, I am good at just making sure my work will get done no matter how long it takes.

Outside of schools, I am honestly always trying to get out there & enjoy life. I am young & trying to have fun but be safe. I want to enjoy life for as long as I can. On the weekends I do try to hang out with friends but people do bail on me. Maybe because I don’t “party” like others or because my parents have a curfew on me. Most of the time, I do stay in the house & hang out with my parents. I think with having a big family like mine, I got good at meeting new people.I have 4 other siblings. Three of them are older than me & I have one younger sibling.   I do like meeting new people & getting that experience of having multiple friends.It’s hard for me to trust because growing up everyone I got close to always left me. I am still young & learning new things about myself everyday.

CC BY-SA 4.0 About me, Alexandria by Alexandria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Hailey 4 weeks ago

Dear Lexi,
    I am intrigued by your post due to the fact that your very open and honest about your life. You were straight to the point and had a little fun with your writing. I enjoyed reading your story and hope you find your turning point.
    One thing that stood out to me was when you said “I guess you can say I haven’t really had a turning point in my life yet. Maybe this move was a big milestone in my life but hasn’t really had a big effect on my life.” this stood out to me because of how open you are about the fact you dont know what your turning point will be. I can tell your excited to find your turning point.

Great post,
    Hailey

2. Kyannah 4 weeks ago

great story! I am glad you moved here and are making your life a good one