Racism and profiling are one of the biggest struggles in today’s society. Everyone was raised differently and our parents views can guide us in the wrong directions at times, but that doesn’t determine your views, it doesn’t guide you to be someone who you’re not or want to be. All your parents can do is show you the world through their eyes, but when it comes to your life it’s time to see the world through your own. Seeing people by color, and categorizing them by beliefs and past experiences is a terrible way to see the world. No matter where you go in the world there will always be someone who is different in one way or another. Just because someone has darker skin than you, doesn’t mean you have nothing in common, but it does mean that your can create new bridges with people who have a different background than your own.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Racism & Profiling by Josh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tess 4 weeks ago

Hi Josh, I think this post really sheds some positive light on such a negative topic in today’s world. Racism and the discrimination is largely focused on in the media and on the news, especially after Charlottesville and the removal of many Confederate statues throughout the United States. I think your opinions and overall message in your post is something that should be shared with others. People are not born raciest or hateful it is the views of our parents and the views of our community that ultimately influence how we perceive those who are different then us. I think your argument could be stronger if you included some evidence from an article you found or included your own experiences revolving around bigotry and racism.

I hope you write about a current event that involves this topic or included a personal story in your next post. Here is an article I found that you might like as well.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/americas-racism-problem-far-complicated-think/

Regards,
    Tess

2. Jahmir 4 weeks ago

I am intrigued by your post and your views on the subject. The way you provided your evidence while inserting your point of view at the same times makes your argument even more effective. “Seeing people by color, and categorizing them by beliefs and past experiences is a terrible way to see the world.” this Quote you have i feel is a big driving point in your article and could maybe even be your claim.

3. Jadakiss 4 weeks ago

im satisfied with your post beccuase it gives people actual facts about racism and how it can be prevented . i also love the fact when you said that ” all parents can do is show you the world in their eyes, but when it comes to yours its time for you to look at the world through your own ” because there is no reason for people to say that the reason why they are racist is because of their parents overall i feel like alot of people should read this post because i feel like it gives people a straight forward reasoning to racism and how to go above it

4. Dometrius 4 weeks ago

I am interested in your post because it has a claim. It has great examples that support your claim also which makes it better. I agree that racism and profiling are one of the biggest struggles in today’s society. One thing you said that stands out to me is “Everyone was raised differently and our parents views can guide us in the wrong directions at times, but that doesn’t determine your views, it doesn’t guide you to be someone who you’re not or want to be.” I think this is interesting because I have the same thought when it comes to racism and profiling. Everyone is raised differently as well as our parents views can guild us in the wrong directions at time.