Global warming is making an impact in today’s world, we see the effects of it everyday when we go outside. There are record breaking highs and lows that we are seeing all over the world. The reason for global warming is too much CO2 being released into our atmosphere that plants can’t photosynthesis as fast as it’s being emitted. With the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere it is trapping the sun’s heat thus heating up Earth.

I would like to know if and how global climate change is affecting natural disasters for example more torrential hurricanes and drought. I would also like to know what we are doing to combat the climate change. Also if there are simple things people can do to help fight global warming.

As stated on NASA’s earth observatoryClimate change may not be responsible for the recent skyrocketing cost of natural disasters, but it is very likely that it will impact future catastrophes.” Some examples would be a more torrential monsoon season. This is a result of the Earth’s surface and oceans heating up creating bigger hurricanes and tornados. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Will global warming cause greater natural disasters? by Parker is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Zoe 2 months ago

Parker,
    I really connect to your topic. I too have been wondering if there is a link between climate change and these nonstop horrid natural disasters that seem to be plaguing the earth as of late. It’s appalling how many people don’t believe that climate change is real! We can’t change anything until there is a concerted effort around the world. Do you think that’s even possible to accomplish?
    Thank you for sharing your topic!

2. Fredrick 3 months ago

Parker,
    I am very much interested in this topic. Global warming is a real thing and we need to realize the effects its causing on our planet. I agree that “With the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere it is trapping the sun’s heat thus heating up Earth.” This cause of global warming makes it hard on the planet, increases dangers of climate change and future changes in climate.

3. Casey 3 months ago

Dear Parker,
    I am interested in your post because i too have been wondering if there is a link between global warming and natural disasters. Global warming is a very important issue and I am appalled that people do not take it seriously. I wonder if it is too late to do something about our habits and how they affect our environment. I sure hope not, but anyway thank you for sharing about this topic I hope to read more from you soon.
    -Casey

4. Alyssandra 3 months ago

I am interested in what you brought up about global warming because lately the world has been going through many natural disasters from earthquakes to hurricanes to tornadoes and flooding. I am also interested to know how we can find ways to prevent and change the world so that global warming can lower and cause our Earth to be more healthier than it has been lately.

5. Justin 3 months ago

Dear Parker,
    I am interested in your topic of global warming, many people even the president of The United States does not believe in global warming. The recent effects of natural disasters today in only a single month there have been 6+ natural disasters. When you wrote about how “the reason for global warming is too much CO2 being released into our atmosphere that plants can’t photosynthesis as fast as it’s being emitted.” This is interesting because CO2 would be in our waters which 71% of the Earth’s surface is water. Which causes heat hence the recent hurricanes and wildfires. Thanks for sharing your post which stood out to me, your evidence of global warming was interesting and makes sense .

Regards, Justin

6. Jodaun 3 months ago

Dear Parker, .

I am interested in what you had to write about in your article.The topic of Global warming is very alarming and is reminder our lives daily. With the unpredictable weather patterns and ocean temperatures rising yearly we are now more aware of global warming.
    One thing you said that stands out for me is “Climate change may not be responsible for the recent skyrocketing cost of natural disasters, but it is very likely that it will impact future catastrophes”(Parker). I think this is sad because as humans we have destroyed the environment and created global warming.