I think that most people are happy when they are doing things they love or are with people they love. For myself, I know I am my happiest when I’m playing volleyball or spending time with my family and friends. However, I am also happy when I’m doing other things or am experiencing other things. For instance, I am happy when it rains, I am happy when I’m laughing, I am happy when I’ve accomplished something I’ve been working toward for a while, I am happy when the people around me are happy. So what is happiness? I think it differs for each person because everyone has different interests and hobbies. What someone finds happiness from might be someone else’s least favorite thing. 

Science has shown that there are common things that make many people happy: caring about other people, exercising, having pets, volunteering, and even not thinking too hard about being happy. In all of these cases, our brains release oxytocin which makes us happy. Our happiness plays along with out self esteem too. If we feel good about ourselves, we are more limey to find the positives in situations and are happier from it.

Another study talked about the ways we can reach happiness by our own standards: optimism, achievement, integrity, and humor. When we are doing things we know are right and that benefit not only ourselves but others, we are more likely to be happy because we know we are giving back. Those with humor have a sense of fun and are not afraid to laugh at themselves. If you are able to laugh at yourself, it shows you are secure in who you and shows a reduced sense of worry.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What makes you happy? by Olivia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Naty 4 weeks ago

Dear poster

I am interested in your animation because everything you said in your paragraph is very true and right, I liked the fact that you described how happiness is like a feeling that generates to your physical and mental features. You really understand what happiness is and you really describe it in your animation, you should keep this incredible writing, improve it and develop it further. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, you should keep this write more and more, wish you a good luck thank you.

2. Victoria 4 weeks ago

Dear Olivia,
    Your work made me so happy and satisfied because as you were explaining it made me realize that I myself am a very happy person. I try to cheer others up as well by being there, caring about them and goofing off in front of them. A quote that stood out to me was, “Science has shown that there are common things that make many people happy: caring about other people, exercising, having pets, volunteering, and even not thinking too hard about being happy.” This quote caught my attention due to the fact that I can relate to almost all of the things listed. I enjoy caring for others and having my two pets with me everyday and seem to feel a little gloomy when I am away from them for too long. Thank you for sharing your post with studies to back up your thinking, I like how you wrote about a topic that may vary in nearly everyone’s life around one point or another.

3. Carlos 4 weeks ago

Dear Olivia, I think this is interesting because in this world there are many opportunities or options that can make one happy. I liked the fact that you described how happiness is like a feeling that generates pleasure to your physical and mental features. I agree with the idea that the little things are considered to be one of the best way to generate happiness.

4. Christopher 4 weeks ago

Dear Olivia,
    I was very interested in your work because it really expresses human nature and human’s need for happiness and how each person perceives happiness. One thing that stood out to me would be when you said, “If you are able to laugh at yourself, it shows you are secure in who you and shows a reduced sense of worry.” I actually disagree with this statement, reason being, I myself are victim to laughing at myself and I know many people that do the same where they don’t make fun of themselves because they feel comfortable with who they are but it is that they are aware of their insecurities and see laughing at themselves as a way to escape their own pain and doubt within themselves. So from what I’ve experienced and seen, I feel like the ability to laugh at yourself is more of a way to express the doubt you may have within yourself, but not seeing it as a negative but as a coping mechanism type of positive.
    Regards,
    Brandon Rangingisan

5. Sydney 4 weeks ago

I am satisfied with your post, they way you explain your happiness makes me understand that you have different ways to be happy. ” So what is happiness? I think it differs for each person because everyone has different interests and hobbies. What someone finds happiness from might be someone else’s least favorite thing.” This explanation, shows how people are different from each other, and even happiness are different. ”Another study talked about the ways we can reach happiness by our own standards: optimism, achievement, integrity, and humor. When we are doing things we know are right and that benefit not only ourselves but others, we are more likely to be happy because we know we are giving back. Those with humor have a sense of fun and are not afraid to laugh at themselves.” We can also chose to be happy, sometimes our self esteem can lead to our happiness.

6. Alex 4 weeks ago

Dear Olivia, I am proud of your work and on how you did it while spending your time doing this good argument. The sentence that stands out to me is “are happy when they are doing things they love or are with people they love.” I do agree with you about how you explained that how people can be happy with the things they love or love doing and love spending time with their loved ones. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you are a really good writer and good at explaining things.