I already know that lots of technology is being developed today, such as self-driving cars. Technology will almost certainly advance in the future, but no one really knows how. I want to know more about the future, more specifically, in what ways will technology advance? There are so many ideas of what the future will be like, for example flying cars, spaceports, etc. Or will we have computers implanted in our brains? There are so many possibilities, and I wanted to know what some of these possibilities were. Obviously, we might be right in some areas and wrong in others, as the movie Back to the Future II was.

According to yesterday.uktv.co.uk, there are many possibilities for the future. One possibility is that future homes will have deep basements, with as many floors below ground as above, if not more. Also, due to the possibility of global warming and sea level rise, floating cities are a definite possibility, although some people believe underwater cities and river-based cities are also possible. Additionally, 3D printing may advance to the point where entire homes can be 3D printed, so they could even be bought “off a shelf”.

According to dailymail.co.uk, there will be “talking buildings” as well as “self-healing, self-driving planes”. However, they also predict that we will go back to using pens and paper. Technology advances will be primarily in the form of buildings and architecture, with new construction materials. Buildings might get so tall that one building will basically be a city of its own. One negative of the future is that we might not be as exposed to pathogens, so we will have more allergies. One idea that repeats throughout this article is the idea of a “self-healing compound”. This has been developed at the University of Bristol. This compound might be used in the future in the building of structures and airplanes, so that when they are damaged, they heal themselves, “in a similar way to how human skin repairs itself”. They also predict that brain-wave and face-recognition technology will advance a long way. They predict that self-driving cars and trucks will be common, and gasoline will be entirely made from biofuels and not petroleum.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What will the future be like? by Thomas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Yafet 4 weeks ago

Dear Thomas,
    I am satisfied with your post because I also agree that technology will be a main key in the future. It is something that we will use in our everyday lives. One thing you said that stands out for me is “Also, due to the possibility of global warming and sea level rise, floating cities are a definite possibility, although some people believe underwater cities and river-based cities are also possible.” It is interesting to me that you said this because with all these things arising it may be possible and I agree with this statement.

2. Jodaun 4 weeks ago

Dear Thomas,

I am very intrigued in what you had to write about in your article. Because it’s something that we don’t pay much attention to and notice in the tech world. However It’s interesting to think about all of the possibility that technology and the future holds for us to discover. One thing you said that stands out for me is “Technology will almost certainly advance in the future, but no one really knows how”(Thomas). I think it is interesting how technology is advancing right in front of our eyes and people do not see it happening. It is also interesting to see some of the possibility that technology holds for us in the future like flying cars, self driving cars and planes. It is also satisfying to hear ways that we will be able to cut down on the pollution that cars are producing and destroying our environment.