Throughout scouring the internet, I found that motivation is the thing that encourages a person to find out about, or study a certain topic. Motivation often leads to people setting goals for themselves and wanting to find out more about the thing they are passionate about. Often times, motivation will “determine the specific goals toward which learners strive”, and this can affect how people act in a variety of different ways.

If a person is doing something they are interested in, often times, they will have an increased amount of effort put into the matter at hand. Motivation shows how a person can process concepts because they are absorbing information they are fond about. This can be an example of how students act in school in relation to a certain subject. If a person is passionate about the subject of math they will most likely be more inclined to pay attention and listen during the course and exacerbate their knowledge for the material. While at the same time the student does not like history, but is forced to take time to learn about it. The student will have more of his/her thought into the subject of math rather than history because he/she is not inclined to learn about it.

After reading about how motivation affects people, I have realized that it really is an intrinsic quality that differs for every person who feels a connection to a certain topic. People are naturally interested in certain aspects about the world, and curiosity is what propels people to pursuing further interest in certain things.

This is a link to an article that provides information on people’s motivation in relation to their behavior.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Motivated to find an answer by Treyvon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Fredrick 2 weeks ago

Trey,
    I really liked reading about this topic. Its such an amazing thing to think about that “If a person is passionate about the subject of math they will most likely be more inclined to pay attention and listen during the course and exacerbate their knowledge for the material. While at the same time the student does not like history, but is forced to take time to learn about it.”. This makes sense to me because I can easily relate to this. I too believe that people do better in the subjects that they are more attentive to than to those that they don’t find ant interest’s in.

2. Parker 2 weeks ago

I really liked your topic on motivation, you touched on topics that were easy to relate to. When you said “this can be example of how students act in school in relation to a certain topic” I could relate to this especially. If someone finds a topic interesting they will put more time and effort into learning more about that specific topic. Do you think that our parents interests have an effect on what subjects we find most interesting?

3. Beth 3 weeks ago

Trey,
    This was a great topic. It’s crazy how we all differ in what motivates us and in what we are motivated to learn about. Not only does this impact us in school, but it impacts our futures, too. I completely agree with you that we are motivated to do better in something we are interested in. People always say “follow your passions” because we are more likely to put a lot of time and energy into succeeding since it intrigues us. I thought you brought up an interesting point about how we are naturally pulled to subjects and how this motivation is an intrinsic quality. Do you think we are born with an attraction to a certain subject that effects our motivation to learn about it later in life? Good job!!

4. Sydney 4 weeks ago

I am intrigued by your post, because I like the way you explain how people motivate themselves. ” This can be an example of how students act in school in relation to a certain subject. If a person is passionate about the subject of math they will most likely be more inclined to pay attention and listen during the course and exacerbate their knowledge for the material.” Your explanation is truly accurate, people do better if they know the subject, if they have no experience on the subject, they are most likely lack on focusing and have no interest on learning.