My name is Khloie Westback, and yes. Unfortunately I will never get a key chain with my name on it, but it’s different and that’s okay. When I was born on March 5th, 2001 in Littleton, Colorado. My parents found out I had a stroke when I was still in the womb, causing mild CP. It was difficult for everyone, including me because from a very young age I walked on my toes, but just on my left leg, causing me to have scoliosis. Until I was 4 and got my first surgery to reduce it, and the same at 11, it’s slowly gotten better but I know it’ll never be normal and i have to be okay with it and live with it.

At school I enjoy art. I’m in AP art to try and get an art scholarship. I also really love reading especially short sonnets from Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson, they’re so strong and meaningful and you really have to dig deep within the language to find what they want you to. My favorite subject in school is history, it’s so interesting to learn about the past and learn how to not repeat it, like how violence and destruction, and peace and love turned the world into what it is today .

Outside of school I continue with my art because I’m suppose to have a certain amount of hours and I sometimes can’t do that with the time given to me in school. I also clean a lot. I clean because I have panic disorder and when I start freaking out it makes it better to have control and calming down. Being 16 and a student is hard but also having a job on top of that becomes a bit difficult. I really can’t complain, it’s a small  business and my co-workers are so sweet and are like family. I am very tired, just exhausted. It’s so much work being an honors student, and having to have a job, and honestly just showering. That’s the sad part I’m actually terrified to not have time to do anything, I hold off on the little things, like eating  and sleeping to make sure i have all and everything done, it’s so tiring, but so worth it.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1JEbrKN132r

CC BY-SA 4.0 Me, Myself, and I by Khloie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. AJBOHS 9 months ago

I feel for you. I’m not even an honors student and juggling school, friends, and work is tough. I often skip dinner because of the amount of work i have. What colleges have you looked at?