Obviously we have a lot of scary and devastating problems in our world today. Things like climate change, world hunger, discrimination, and terrorism are major problems and topics of discussion. These problems could either continue to worsen or they could take a turn for the better. In my opinion, we are at the turning point. We have gotten to the point where things have become so bad that we need to do something about it. Our technology continues to advance to combat global problems like climate change and world hunger. Our youth is full of people that could potentially be world leaders and revolutionize the way we think.  

After reading a few other articles, I came across many articles that had titles like, “10 Reasons The Future Will Be Terrifying.”  Most things that I read explained that problems like world famine, climate change, and mechanization will take over our planet. At the beginning, the writer says, “There are two popular ways of looking at the future: as a place where all our problems will disappear where and everyone will be happy, or as a wasteland of unremitting bleakness.” While many articles had scary and negative titles, there were others that had titles like “11 Reasons To Be Excited About the Future of Technology.” Articles like these can provide some hope for those that believe that the future is doomed. The writer states that “There are many exciting new technologies that will continue to transform the world and improve human welfare.” Some of these technological advances include clean energy and better food. These advances in science and technology will help revert the damage that we have done to the earth and will help our current problems.

While there are many scary problems in our world today that some may view as the end of humanity, there are also many people working hard to solve the problems that we face today. A couple hundred years ago, the average person lived about 35 years and now most people live over 70. This is one singular example of how our technological advances have helped us in the past. All we can do now is hope that we can develop new ways to help our current and impending problems.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is The Future a Good or Bad Place? by Sofia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alissa 12 months ago

Dear Sofia,

I agree with you that now is the time for changing, I think the young people should start changing our world. We have to think about how we can solve our problems before they get more worse, and we can’t control it anymore. Everyone has to think for themself, do I want to change something or only sit at home and wait till it gets out of control.

2. Arath 1 year ago

Dear sofia,

I am intrigued by your post because the way you show how us as humans can only be the turning point to a better future. As humans we must make changes from consuming less energy to portioning our foods.
    One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Our youth is full of people that could potentially be world leaders and revolutionize the way we think.” I think this is interesting, because me as being a teenager there is a lot of potential in our youth group. Not only do we want to have a bright future where gonna want to live in the future so i agree with you that to have a better future we must have a change in society.

Regards,
    Arath Vargas