One of the most important things in my life is happiness. Happiness is defined as: “a state of well-being and contentment.” My mom always tells me “it’s easier to be happy than to waste the energy being mad.”Happiness is interesting and special to me because it affects how people live their day to day lives. I love finding new ways in which I and other people find happiness. People can find different ways to find happiness that are unique to them. Whether it be a hobby, relationships, or a sport; each of us having something that makes us smile. My favorite example of living a life of happiness is the kids I have met in Haiti. The one place where I have seen my favorite kind of happiness is Haiti. In Haiti, most kids run around all day on roads made of rocks without shoes and they are so happy. At the orphanage at the Mole in Haiti, the kids will play cards for hours and never get bored. Whenever I got to Haiti, I am reminded of how important it is to find happiness in the little things in life. The word happiness is very special to me because it makes people better versions of themselves and makes life more enjoyable.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Happiness by Shenika is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ivana 4 weeks ago

Dear Shenika,

I am satisfied with your post because it is nothing but positivity. You only talk about the good and not the bad. One thing you said that stands out to me is, “The only place I have seen my favorite kind of happiness is Haiti.” I love this because you made your own connection to the type pf happiness that makes you feel good with the kids running around without shoes. Shows that the kids there are taught to make their happiness regardless of what they have. Really stood out to me.

Regards,

Ivana

2. Shaunte 4 weeks ago

Shenika,

I am very satisfied with your post because I see all the key elements to being happy. One thing you said that stood out to me is ” People can find different ways to find happiness that are unique to them. Whether it be a hobby, relationships, or a sport; each of us having something that makes us smile.” I like this quote because I can totally agree with it. Everybody has something in their life that makes them smile. To keep me happy I play basketball.

Regards,

Shaunte