Resilience. It is never giving up. It is taking a beating over and over and over and over. It is bravery, confidence, and determination all in one. Resilience reminds you to never give up and to be strong. It shows us that nothing is impossible- that everything is. Resilience. The word rolls off your tongue and hangs there for a millisecond. It both pierces and glides through the air. Resilience sounds like it is made of brick and feathers at the same time. It is the beauty of strength and determination. Resilience does not talk loudly but is heard from every corner of the earth. Being both deadly and lively- it is the perfect contradiction. Resilience is having lymes disease and not being able to stand- yet living through it, its looking back on how far you have come since then. Remembering how weak you felt reminds you of the strength and resilience you had. Resilience is so much more than a word, so much more than a feeling, it is going through a painful experience and coming out the other side. It is living a painful life everyday and yet still living it. It is never giving up hope even in the darkest hour and when every hour feels darker than the last. Resilience – the capacity to recover from difficulties, the ability to continue on. This one word has a simple meaning yet it means much more than one expects. Toughness, strength, bravery… all at once and yet so much more.

Image from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pictoquotes/13946048982

CC BY-SA 4.0 Toughness, Strength, Bravery… by Claire is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maria 9 months ago

Claire,

One thing that stands out for me is, “Resilience is so much more than a word, so much more than a feeling, it is going through a painful experience and coming out the other side. It is living a painful life everyday and yet still living it.” I think this is a powerful sentence because there are so many people in the world going through things most people couldn’t understand but they are trying their hardest to come out of that experience with so much strength and bravery because they still want to live life as much as they can; they’re doing it to better themselves in an emotional way.

Regards,
    Maria

2. Molly 9 months ago

Claire,
    This group of words is amazing! It’s like I can hear your voice speaking. An example of how these words are impacted your life might make the essay better, but otherwise it was great. I love the image you choose. Perfect description.
    -Molly