The vast possibilities of anything happening: the unknown.The near perfect mixture of excitement and fright. The unknown knows no borders, no limit. It embodies hope and relentless determination. Without the unknown we have nothing to strive for. Imagination would lose its sparkle and the future would seem dull. They say “ the best laid plans often go awry”, with the best moments in life being the ones that never seemed possible. The unknown is what keeps the world wondering.

Wonder can quickly turn transition to fear. As if you were standing in the middle of a field with nothing around you for miles. During the day with the sun shining nothing seems like it could go wrong , but as dusk settles the fear sets in. With every crack of a stick your heart pounds a little faster.  Just like the meadow that’s how I think of life. With nothing staying constant for long. The unknown is what keeps our mind alert. Ready for anything.

It’s the perfect mixture of excitement and fright that makes unknown my favorite word. Not because of how it’s fun to say or that it makes me laugh. Unknown has the power to make me humble. When I ever feel like I have control I remember all the unknowns. All the things that could go wrong and everything I could never imagine in my wildest dreams. The future is unknown.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Future is Unknown by Violet is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Therese 3 months ago

Dear Violet,

I am satisfied with your post, “ The Future is Unknown”, because I was reminded of how uncertain the world is. I do believe that the unknown is the people’s driving mechanism for people in making decisions. It makes me ponder that I should cherish every second of every day because I don’t know what would happen next.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Unknown has the power to make me humble”. I agree with this statement because not knowing everything is a motivational ideology. It makes people want to learn and to be modest that reflect on their actions.

Your post reminds me of something that I have observed. People study in schools and colleges and people save up money to be ‘ready for the future’.Because nobody really knows what the future holds, people are preparing for the unknown. We all have our own goals, dream jobs, dream family and dream life, but we events do not always happen how we want it to be.

Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because as I can see you write articles which people can genuinely relate. Reading this kind of posts serves as a reminder to people on the simple concepts of how life works.

Regards,
    Therese

2. Ivy 3 months ago

Dear Violet,
    I was intrigued by the sentence ” without the unknown we would have nothing to strive for, imagination would be left without any sparkle…” This was said very well and something that I also believe to be true. If we knew everything that was going to happen, in a sense there would be no future. Our lives would be lived with no passion, we would not have mistakes to learn from because we would not make them because we would know they were mistakes. The future being unknown leaves imagination to roam and the mind to wonder. It gives one the passion to see what lies ahead.
    Ivy Slatten

3. Luis 3 months ago

we may not know the future but we can make it ah

4. Mercy 3 months ago

One thing you said that stands out for me is, “Unknown has the power to make me humble.” I think this is interesting because I had never thought about the word “unknown” as having the power to humble me. Not knowing what the future holds is what makes me want to continue to be humble and kind to everyone, even my enemies. This phrase is difficult to explain, which makes this reading even more intriguing!

5. Francisco 3 months ago

One thing you said that stands out for me is”The unknown knows no borders, no limit. It embodies hope and relentless determination”I think this is interesting because no one really knows what the future holds.Not knowing your future really does spark something in you that makes you strive.I look forward to seeing what you write next.