My favorite word is pilot. It signifies my passion. I love how the consonants and vowels are in a perfect pattern. It reminds me of flying high through the air. It reminds me of having my hands on the control yokes, correcting every bump and the unstable air causes. It all started when I was about 9 years old I went on two long distant flights to visit family on the other side of the world, and then two flights to come back home. I remember sitting there in my seat loving the roaring sound of the engine, and just the thought of being so high in the air and flying so fast. After I expressed my interests of the flights with my family, my dad bought me a flight simulator game I could install on my computer and fly around wherever I wanted using aircraft with semi-realistic cockpits. I absolutely loved it. I knew that from then on I wanted to be a pilot. The word reminds me of college and the path to becoming one. The word ‘pilot’ signifies something I’ve liked for many years.  It’s a job that so many people respect. It’s a job that requires a high level of skill.

Image from: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/the-power-word

CC BY-SA 4.0 What “Pilot” Means to Me by Brandon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.