The word CRISP is the only word that flows along the entire length of your mouth. Try sounding it out. It starts in the back of your mouth with a sharp kick, then moves along your tongue until it reaches your front teeth, ending with a small pop of your lips. C-R-I-S-P. See? CRISP incorporates your throat, your tongue, your teeth and your lips, just like how you eat. It has always intrigued me how words sound like the meanings they convey, or in this case taste. CRISP evokes the sensation of eating a fresh, juicy apple. Imagine, sinking your teeth into it, then biting off a chunk with a satisfying snap, and finally relishing the sweet flavor while hearing it crunch. CRISP! Now imagine, the crunch of freshly fried chicken right out of the oven, perfectly seasoned with a distinct savory scent wafting through the air. CRISP! For all the sweet lovers out there, imagine biting into the thin crisp layer of a macaroon, filled with sweet, rich filling. CRISP! I think by now you can relate to how the word CRISP translates to delicious. As an avid foodie, eating is one of the joys of my life and the word CRISP epitomizes that joy. Every time I say it, it reminds me of all the food I love to eat. Simply put it’s pleasing to hear, sound out and taste. CRISP!

CC BY-SA 4.0 C-R-I-S-P by Jeana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.