I love music. That is why it is one of my favorite words. I was introduced to the world of music at a very young age. I remember being constantly around music, whether it be my dad playing the guitar, my mom singing Broadway songs, or my sisters’ learning to play the piano, music surrounded me. I started playing piano at five years old, this is when music started playing a very important role in my life. For me, music is a way to escape your mind. Whether I am having one of the worst days or one of the best days, I always find myself tuning into music.

Music brings so much joy to my life. It is a way I can express myself, and I always find myself happier after listening or playing music. Sitting down at the piano, creating chords and singing out my emotions, is the best way to de-stress from a tough day. I would say music is also very important. It can inspire people. It can help people cope with life. And it can change a whole room’s atmosphere. This is why music if my favorite word. Music is so much more than just a few random notes on a piano, it is beautiful, inspiring, powerful and so much more.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Music by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Shirel 4 weeks ago

Dear Jessica,

I really enjoyed reading about how much music means to you because I can relate. Music is also one of my favorite words music is a very important thing in someones life. In fact when i’m having a bad day I also sing and let all my emotions out. Thank your for sharing your interest.

2. Bri 7 months ago

Dear Jessica,

I really liked reading about your interest in music and how you came to love it. I think its awesome that your family is musically inclined and you have decided too continue that in the family. I as myself love music, it takes away all the stress and helps motivate me to do my best. Music has helped me through tough times and I really appreciate it. I’m glad I found someone who feels the same way towards music as I do.

3. Xander 7 months ago

Dear Jessica,

I enjoy reading about your view of music, and the effect it has had on your life, but in the beginning i feel like the structure of the paragraph was a little scattered and unfinished and i feel like if it was structured differently it would make the paragraph really strong. One thing that you said that i really enjoyed was when you gave multiple examples of the music that surrounded you when you were growing up. It added a more personal element to the essay which makes it more intriguing to read and i really enjoyed it.

4. nyelle 7 months ago

Dear poster,

I am intrigued by your post because i can relate so much. i get lost in the music. my life is literally music everything.
    your post reminds me that there are people that enjoy music just as much as me. one time i was having the worst day then i started playing the piano and writing my feelings out and made a song out of it.
    thanks for sharing your post. i look forward to seeing more post.