The same strokes of a pencil come together to form 26 distinct formations which we call letters and those 26 letters form millions of words of half, I have yet to learn. However, even in my incomplete knowledge, I can pick out and label one formation of letters as my favorite. A six letter word like any other to everyone around me but a word like no other to me. A gerund that many overlook and dismiss as just another word in our language. Why the word giving out of the thousands of others? It doesn’t have a unique sound nor does it roll out of you mouth in a beautiful manner. To me, it is the meaning behind the word and the action it represents that I value. The word always gave me a feeling of joy because I knew that even a simple action could make someone else’s day. No one would imagine that a simple act of presenting another with something as small and insignificant as a flower or something as grand as a diamond necklace could turn one’s goomy day into a day that they will remember and cherish, even if only for a short period of time. As children, many frown at the thought of having to share, more or less giving something away but love the idea of receiving something. As we grow older, however, we realize that by giving to others, we are in fact receiving a feeling of happiness as well as love and respect from those around us. I have always loved the feeling of giving to others and that will never change.

Image from: http://wickedwithink.com/100-favorite-words-english-language/

CC BY-SA 4.0 Giving by Srihita is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.