Love. There are so many different thoughts and feelings that I think of when I hear the word love. However, love is not just a word it is a feeling which is why it is my favorite. Obviously we have many feelings and I could have picked happy, sad, mad and so on, but love is special. We feel and give love in so many various ways. We can love anything from people to food to objects to places to feelings, anything. The way we love varies which makes it so intriguing. How do we know if we really do love someone? Can we ever be a hundred percent sure we love them? What is the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone? So many questions are brought up by the topic of love which I think makes the word even better. Love means so many things to so many people, but I love the word because of what it means to me. When I see the word love I know I am safe. The people I love, I trust enough to know they will keep me safe from danger, but also safe in another way. I feel safe enough to share my thoughts and ideas and not be laughed at or judged. Feeling safe is extremely important to me and that can only come with love.

Image Credit: Sage VanAlstine

CC BY-SA 4.0 Love by Sage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ethan 2 months ago

WOW Sage! This piece of writing is original, thought provoking and amazing! I love the fact that you thought so much in depth about what this word means. It is crazy to think that when these four random letters come together that it can create so much feeling inside of a person. However I do believe that sometimes the word love is tossed around too much causing it to become confusing or loose meaning. You touched on this a little bit with your sentence about how do we ever know if we really love something. I love how you touch on both sides of the word love and really explain what it means to you and why you chose it!