My name is Eduardo Guzman a fellow student at Fremont High School. I learned that both sides had major problems that resulted in violence and death. Growing up as a teenager in America is hard because you have many obstacles. For example, my parents immigrated to the United States and they had nothing. They didn’t know anyone and struggled for a period of time. Also, you sometimes have very difficult choices that impact you in a negative way and these choices don’t just you but also how people see you, how the world sees you and most importantly how people in power see you. In addition, you will be judged for being a different race, not knowing English and for having parents who never finished High school.

An issue that our leaders should prioritize is immigration because this affects everyone in the United States. For example, if they kicked out all Mexican people who have been hired by the people who own businesses they would have no employees and if white people worked they would want a high salary. So there would be many downsides of immigration itself because it impacts people everywhere. Where if we didn’t have immigration it would be better for most of us. Something I would tell the leaders of America is that if we work together our bonds will become stronger and our economy would be more efficient. Something I would like to see in the future America is everyone being equal, no judgments, no racism but everyone being united as one no matter who you are.

With much love and respect,
Eduardo Guzman

CC BY-SA 4.0 Mexicans Influenced by Americans by Eduardo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Leslie 1 week ago

Dear Eduardo,

I love you post and what you agreeing with in fact I agree with you. I love the line where you said, ” Something I would tell the leaders of America is that if we work together our bonds will become stronger and our economy would be more efficient.” I definitely agree with you I wish leaders from american would understand too. Mostly because it would be a great impact if immigrants would all leave we would be left with a lot of job openings because immigrants are big helpful impacts in our communities.

Thank you for sharing this post!
    -Leslie

2. Lauren 2 months ago

Dear Eduardo:

I am pleased with your post “Mexicans Influenced by Americans,” because it shines an important light on a hot topic in our nation. It highlights the downfalls of what could happen should the current administration deport many mexicans, and it also brings a perspective from someone whose parents are immigrants which is very important.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “For example, if they kicked out all Mexican people who have been hired by the people who own businesses they would have no employees and if white people worked they would want a high salary” I think this is powerful because it’s very true, and people don’t want to heard that.

Another sentence that I liked was: “Something I would tell the leaders of America is that if we work together our bonds will become stronger and our economy would be more efficient.” This stood out for me because again, this is something people don’t want to hear. American leaders like to think they can do everything themselves, but in reality people are stronger when they work together. Many hands make light work.

I do agree with you that everyone should be equal. One reason I say this is as a woman in America, I have to face some challenges based on something that I cannot change. Another reason I agree with you is I have a brother with mental disabilities and I do ot believe that he should be considered a lesser person just for that. Again, something that he cannot change. He an equal in my eyes.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you have a unique perspective. You also write the truth and that is very important in this day and age.

3. Lexi 2 months ago

Dear Eduardo,
    Thank you for posting this. I loved how you touched on the fact that America would be greatly impacted if the immigrants were kicked out, and I think this is an issue several people overlook. What do you think that we can do, in our own communities, to help spread equality to everyone, especially immigrants, who may feel suppressed, and not like a true member of society? Thank you very much for your post,
    Lexi Thomsen

4. Beth 2 months ago

Eduardo,
    I was intrigued by your post because your personal take on the issue drew me in. You told us what it’s like to be an immigrant, what it’s like to feel judged for your differences. I agree that immigration is not something to fear. My favorite part of your discussion was the conclusion: ” Something I would tell the leaders of America is that if we work together our bonds will become stronger and our economy would be more efficient. Something I would like to see in the future America is everyone being equal, no judgments, no racism but everyone being united as one no matter who you are.” I think this is an important statement, and I agree that if we all work together it would benefit everyone. Great post!!

5. Arlette 2 months ago

Dear Eduardo Guzman,
    I am very moved by your writing “Mexicans Influenced by Americans” because the picture caught my attention. Also, your writing about Mexicans was very powerful because I can understand what your writing about. I know what it’s like to have been born to illegal parents, my parents immigrated here when they were 15 and they also struggled when they came to this country. It sucks because we have to deal with racism because of our past or what our culture is. Another sentence that I was moved by was ” if they kicked out all Mexican people who have been hired by the people who own businesses they would have no employees and if white people worked they would want a high salary.” This stood out to me because you opened up my eyes to something that’s so true. Your writing reminds me of something that happened to me. One time someone told me that I’m only good for working, and that I won’t make it in life because I’m Mexican. This sucked but I ignored what they told me because I know what I’m capable of becoming in life. The point of that story was to stay true to who you are and to not let anybody control your ambitions in life.. no matter what your background is. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write about next because your writing is so moving. I love your writing because I can relate so much to it.
    Regards,
    Arlette Morales

6. lezly 2 months ago

Dear Eduardo,
    I am satisfied with your post because you cover what it is like to be an immigrant. What is intriguing, are the problems one as an immigrant, is facing.
    One thing you said that stood out to me was this: “Also, you sometimes have very difficult choices that impact you in a negative way and these choices don’t just you but also how people see you, how the world sees you and most importantly how people in power see you.” I think it is well written because I can relate.
    Regards,
    Lezly

7. lucio 2 months ago

I am satisfied by your post because I agree that if we would work together our bonds would become stronger, and we will understand immagrants don’t bring bad things to the United States.

8. Genesis 2 months ago

Dear Eduardo,
    I am satisfied by your post because I can relate to you. My parents came from Mexico with nothing and din’t finish high school either. One thing you said that stood out to me was were you said “An issue that our leaders should prioritize is immagration because this affects everyone in the United States.” I think it’s important for our leaders of America to know that immagrants don’t bring bad things to the United States, they bring culture and hark work to it. Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next.
    Regards,
    Genesis Garcia Reyes