My name is Eduardo Guzman a fellow student at Fremont High School. I learned that both sides had major problems that resulted in violence and death. Growing up as a teenager in America is hard because you have many obstacles. For example, my parents immigrated to the United States and they had nothing. They didn’t know anyone and struggled for a period of time. Also, you sometimes have very difficult choices that impact you in a negative way and these choices don’t just you but also how people see you, how the world sees you and most importantly how people in power see you. In addition, you will be judged for being a different race, not knowing English and for having parents who never finished High school.

An issue that our leaders should prioritize is immigration because this affects everyone in the United States. For example, if they kicked out all Mexican people who have been hired by the people who own businesses they would have no employees and if white people worked they would want a high salary. So there would be many downsides of immigration itself because it impacts people everywhere. Where if we didn’t have immigration it would be better for most of us. Something I would tell the leaders of America is that if we work together our bonds will become stronger and our economy would be more efficient. Something I would like to see in the future America is everyone being equal, no judgments, no racism but everyone being united as one no matter who you are.

With much love and respect,
Eduardo Guzman

1. Arlette 2 days ago

Dear Eduardo Guzman,
    I am very moved by your writing “Mexicans Influenced by Americans” because the picture caught my attention. Also, your writing about Mexicans was very powerful because I can understand what your writing about. I know what it’s like to have been born to illegal parents, my parents immigrated here when they were 15 and they also struggled when they came to this country. It sucks because we have to deal with racism because of our past or what our culture is. Another sentence that I was moved by was ” if they kicked out all Mexican people who have been hired by the people who own businesses they would have no employees and if white people worked they would want a high salary.” This stood out to me because you opened up my eyes to something that’s so true. Your writing reminds me of something that happened to me. One time someone told me that I’m only good for working, and that I won’t make it in life because I’m Mexican. This sucked but I ignored what they told me because I know what I’m capable of becoming in life. The point of that story was to stay true to who you are and to not let anybody control your ambitions in life.. no matter what your background is. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write about next because your writing is so moving. I love your writing because I can relate so much to it.
    Regards,
    Arlette Morales

2. lezly 2 days ago

Dear Eduardo,
    I am satisfied with your post because you cover what it is like to be an immigrant. What is intriguing, are the problems one as an immigrant, is facing.
    One thing you said that stood out to me was this: “Also, you sometimes have very difficult choices that impact you in a negative way and these choices don’t just you but also how people see you, how the world sees you and most importantly how people in power see you.” I think it is well written because I can relate.
    Regards,
    Lezly

3. lucio 3 days ago

I am satisfied by your post because I agree that if we would work together our bonds would become stronger, and we will understand immagrants don’t bring bad things to the United States.

4. Genesis 3 days ago

Dear Eduardo,
    I am satisfied by your post because I can relate to you. My parents came from Mexico with nothing and din’t finish high school either. One thing you said that stood out to me was were you said “An issue that our leaders should prioritize is immagration because this affects everyone in the United States.” I think it’s important for our leaders of America to know that immagrants don’t bring bad things to the United States, they bring culture and hark work to it. Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next.
    Regards,
    Genesis Garcia Reyes