Dear Leaders of America,

My name is Saoronn Oeurn. I go to Fremont High School and i’m 16 years old. I had attend to this school for 2 years now going for 3 years. I am in the 11th grade.

When I was reading charlotte I wanted to let you know that people is getting out of hand. I had saw what happen in charlotte and I had enough with people on people crime. The KKK had a rally and other people had enough also. They made a rally that was against the KKK and the KKK members had drove thru the rally and killed 1 person and injured at least 20 people.

The solution I have is that bring a couple of KKK members to talk about why they don’t like other races and let them talk to other people that don’t have feeling on who or what they are.

I wish we all come together and be as one. No more racism, no crime, no police brutality, no gang affiliation and no drugs.

Sincerely, Saoronn Oeurn

1. LaKaylyn 3 weeks ago

Dear Soaronn,
    I am moved by your letter, “Truth about America” because you are socially aware and want what’s going on to stop. You are also informed about what’s wrong in today’s society and that it’s not ok. One sentence you wrote that be stands out for me is: ´No more racism, no crime, no police brutality, no gang affiliation, and no drugs.¨ I think this is acknowledging because not many feel this way or care about what´s going on in the world and the problems people face. Another sentence that I read was ¨I wish we would all come together and be as one¨ This stood out to me because you seem to care about equality and want there to be peace between people and everyone to be treated fairly. Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you seem socially aware and want others to be equal and for the world to be peaceful and have equality amoung the people.

2. reyna Jauregui 3 weeks ago

Dear Truth about america,
    I was glad that you believe that it’s getting out of hand because it truly is but then again in been like this for years but A. some people didn’t care because they lived in this imaginary world that they though we didn’t ave any more problems related to race and B we were to young to truly know what was going around happening. One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was how you mention that we should talk to some members of the kkk and ask them why they don’t like us. I think that will be interesting but i truly waste of time because they were never be a good answer for someone to hate someone else because of their skin color. Also, other news places have done this before and it can truly be scary because you are sitting talking to someone that hates you with no shame and always bring up things that they think is logical when it’s truly not. Like the bible doesn’t say to be racist. I actually saw an interview of this exact thing you mention to talk to kkk member and one said the bible says to love all my people and then he says all my people are white the others are not my people so i don’t have to love them. the bible is telling us to be racist. Another sentence that stood out was ” no more crime.. gang affiliation and no drugs” i took out the ones that i truly agree with you but these i have my controversial opinions on. so crime is such a weird thing like we know what are the big crimes like killing someone robbing a bank we all know that a crime but then crime will eventually change if ” crime didlt exist” because the governemnt needs someone to be doing in correct ways to make the world work. eventually if their was no crime that their is right now maybe a crime would be no one can stay up after midnight you get what i mean it like what truly makes a crime what the governt says or what we consider a crime. You also mention gang affiliation to most gangs started as a way to protect their people. They eventually start with doing violence but back with crimes is that gang violence can change over the years and they might now hurt the people but they can still do crimes. Then drugs i mean isn’t that personal choice. isn’t that what we want equality and respect from all people. respect on their skin color, religion , sexual orientation, gender so why doesn’t that including the ability of everyone personal opinion on drugs. Your letter truly makes me think of how i used to think when i first became an activist. I thought that hearing everyone opinion is important but some thing are best quiet because i don’t need to listen to hate towards me or my people. It’s like we can disagree unless your disagreement affects me or my people. You’re opinion shouldn’t oppress me as a human because then we are going yo have problems. thanks for writing can’t wait to hear more from you. Next include more analyze of your though truly let me know why you think you idea is a good idea. don’t give me a chance in questioning you on how your solution isn’t perfect.
    Thank again, Reyna Jauregui

3. Amran 3 weeks ago

Good job! Your solution to bring the kkk and talk to them is very smart. I also wish we can come together and be one. Thank you for your writing and cant wait until you write again because you give good information.