Dear Leaders of America,

I am Antonio LION Faaeteete I just want to thank you for being here with me today, listening to what i got to say. I attended Fremont High School in Oakland California I am currently in the 12th grade. I play football and i am a D1 prospect with a future to attend any college in this nation. I write to you so that i can express my emotions and pain that i feel for the people of Charlottesville I understand that  this was one of the largest white supremacist events in US history. Many hearts were taken 3 human lives were lost and about 20 injured that stayed the night in the hospital. So with that said here’s a letter to you.  

Life has been real edgy growing up as a young African male in America. Everywhere I go outside the hood people always tend to see me as a ghetto uneducated type of black individual. I won’t be another statistic i’m keeping it real them killers are still in political suits. The hood Isn’t a good place but neither is the world we living in the police are the murders. In the ghetto yes there is a whole lot of killings and we as the black community get hate from every way but if you can just look on the other side for example Trayvon Martin was just another innocent young brother that met a bully and when the church shooting and school shootings. Majority of the white population will always look at me and my people as the criminals of the United States of America.

I believe that the leaders of the US should jump on the fact that there is nazi and kkk violence and they should be punished for it. I got a question why is it that the government and the protectors of the US were so quick and eager to penalize the black panthers and put each member in bars but when the the kkk has live video of them burning the cross on their yard all the police officers had to say was “ you can’t be doing this take it down”.  I strongly believe that these issues should be addressed and cast because if they’re not they will get a lot of popularity more than they already have I mean they have a whole lot of city’s trying to protest and yes they are being declined . But that’s not enough because when they do get big is will be hard to control and say what happened in Charlottesville isn’t to happen in every other state?

Some solutions and ideas I can offer to the American leaders is that all neo-nazi and kkk activity should be maintained and vanished from the nation. That anyone who goes against that should face time in prison yeah we have freedom of speech but once it turns physical how it already did if should be handled immediately. I understand we are all different and that racism will forever be in the nation but I strongly advise to have the people of the US to keep it to themselves and to show it in force.

I wish and hope that the future of the United States will look such as everyone loving everyone that all the murder rates will go down that the hoods don’t got to be hoods no more. I would like to see more students achieve their goals and for the education system to get stronger and stronger to fill our brains with knowledge. I wish to see a better president.

Thank you for listening I hope you take in the consideration.

Signed, Antonio LION Faaeteete

CC BY-SA 4.0 Many Hearts Taken. by Antonio is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jenessa 12 months ago

Antonio, this was a heart-warming piece. May I ask why you had to mention that you ” play football and i am a D1 prospect with a future to attend any college in this nation?” I don’t think this information relates to the point you are trying to prove, and it would be more effective later in the post. However, I am filled with joy to see an educated, black, football player taking a stance, and using their voice for something greater than themselves. (I am also African American, just so that you don’t think I am being racist). Don’t say that racism is something that won’t ever go away (is that reality? maybe) but optimism and using our voices to fight for our equality is what is going to bring CHANGE. We can’t be negative. Don’t let anyone put you in a box of a stereotype, we are all so much better than that. Help bring our people out of the hood; use your voice. If you are going D1, I better hear of you making some phenomenal changes!

Go do big things Antonio,

Jenessa

2. Mauro 12 months ago

Dear Antonio,

I am motivated with your letter “Many Hearts Taken” because I am also from Oakland and I appreciated the attempt of representation. I was pleased to see that effort was put into this topic.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I believe that the leaders of the US should jump on the fact that there is nazi and kkk violence and they should be punished for it” I think that this is alarming because hate isn’t always punished and it is disguised as one’s beliefs. I agree with this statement because it totally makes sense.

Another sentence that I agreed with was: “that anyone who goes against that should face time in prison yeah we have freedom of speech but once it turns physical how it already did if should be handled immediately” This stood out for me because it’s a solution that is plausible. Some people just do not want to enforce this law because others do it as well.

Your image reminds me of something that happened to me. One time, I was denied entrance to a my middle school because I was wearing a Oakland t-shirt that had a leaf on it. The leaf was not affiliated with weed but it was confused with the Oak tree. I had to explain the principle what it was but still I had to change clothes. Only because the shirt was questionable.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I get to get perspective from your writing. I also I am excited to the solutions that you have for this country. Most of these solutions seemed logical and I appreciate the thought that went into it.

3. Dynasty 1 year ago

Dear Antonio LION Faaeteeete :
    I am amazed by the way you felt in your letter, “Leaders of America” because i can relate to your opinion. Your letter was the truth.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “everywhere i go outside the hood people always tend to see me as ghetto uneducated type of black individual” I think this is true because people be stereotyping us by the color of our skin.
    Another sentence that I admire was: “Majority of the white population will always look at me and my people as the criminals of the United States of America.” This stood out for me because the whites see us as disgrace of their country
    Your letter reminds me of something that happened to me. One time me and my brother was at T4 and their was a white couple watching us order our food. My brother card wasn’t working and the white couple said that we were frauds.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because i really enjoyed and had a connection to you letter.

4. Christy 1 year ago

Dear​ ​Antonio,
    I​ ​am​ ​very​ ​impressed​ ​with​ ​your​ ​letter,​ ​“Many​ ​Hearts​ ​Taken,”​ ​because​ ​all​ ​of​ ​your​ ​statements​ ​are​ ​TRUE​ ​and​ ​I
    agree​ ​with​ ​your ideas!
    One​ ​sentence​ ​you​ ​wrote​ ​that​ ​stands​ ​out​ ​for​ ​me​ ​is:​ ​“​.​ ​I​ ​got​ ​a​ ​question​ ​why​ ​is​ ​it​ ​that​ ​the​ ​government​ ​and​ ​the
    protectors​ ​of​ ​the​ ​US​ ​were​ ​so​ ​quick​ ​and​ ​eager​ ​to​ ​penalize​ ​the​ ​black​ ​panthers​ ​and​ ​put​ ​each​ ​member​ ​in​ ​bars
    but​ ​when​ ​the​ ​the​ ​kkk​ ​has​ ​live​ ​video​ ​of​ ​them​ ​burning​ ​the​ ​cross​ ​on​ ​their​ ​yard​ ​all​ ​the​ ​police​ ​officers​ ​had​ ​to​ ​say
    was​ ​“​ ​you​ ​can’t​ ​be​ ​doing​ ​this​ ​take​ ​it​ ​down”.​​ ​I​ ​think​ ​this​ ​is​ ​good​ ​that​ ​you​ ​put​ ​this​ ​out​ ​there​ ​because​ ​they
    should​ ​know​ ​that​ ​we​ ​do​ ​notice​ ​this​ ​things​ ​and​ ​it​ ​isn’t​ ​right.
    Another​ ​sentence​ ​that​ ​I​ ​noticed​ ​was:​ ​“​ ​​I​ ​would​ ​like​ ​to​ ​see​ ​more​ ​students​ ​achieve​ ​their​ ​goals​ ​and​ ​for​ ​the
    education​ ​system​ ​to​ ​get​ ​stronger​ ​and​ ​stronger​ ​to​ ​fill​ ​our​ ​brains​ ​with​ ​knowledge​”​ ​This​ ​stood​ ​out​ ​for​ ​me
    because​ ​I​ ​would​ ​like​ ​the​ ​same​ ​thing​ ​and​ ​this​ ​would​ ​help​ ​for​ ​the​ ​violence​ ​going​ ​on​ ​in​ ​the​ ​streets​ ​because
    if we​ ​have​ ​more​ ​good​ ​opportunities​ ​in our​ ​faces​ ​we​ ​would​ ​have​ ​things​ ​to​ ​keep​ ​us​ ​busy​ ​so​ ​it​ ​can​ ​be​ ​less
    being​ ​people​ ​In​ ​the​ ​streets.
    Thanks​ ​for​ ​your​ ​writing.​ ​I​ ​look​ ​forward​ ​to​ ​seeing​ ​what​ ​you​ ​write​ ​next​ ​because​ ​your​ ​very​ ​honest​ ​to​ ​what​ ​you
    write​ ​and​ ​you​ ​come​ ​up​ ​with​ ​great​ ​ideas.
    -ChristyLynn