Dear Leaders of America,

Hello my name is Izaiah Coleman-Davis.  What I learned from researching Charlottesville is that Robert E. Lee was the general known for leading the infamous army called  the “Confederates” into the Civil war.

My experiences growing up as a teenager in America was that it was difficult trying to make a man out of myself with no father to look out for me, teaching me right and wrong. Having a single mom trying to teach me what it means to be a man was very hard for her.

The issues I want Donald Trump and governors to fix are not to send bombs to North Korea because the U.S. can get destroyed. These issues should be their priority because bombs like the ones North Korea has are lethal and could mean no America anymore.  

The advice I would give the leaders of America would be to ?take Donald J. Trump out of his role in Washington, D.C

Thank you for your time,

Izaiah

Photo by Free Grunge Textures – www.freestock.ca

1. Daniel 1 week ago

Dear Izaiah,
    Im very interested in your work and you are speaking out the truth about our “leaders” You should get involved more inside politics and support our american rights and make a differents.

2. Kevin 3 weeks ago

Dear Izaiah,

I am Intrigued with your post “Listen up, America” because one sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “These issues should be their priority because bombs like the ones North Korea has are lethal and could mean no America anymore. ” I think this is improbable because United states compared to North Korea is definitely more stronger than them, in terms of military power and especially in the subject of “bombs” cause america has one of the most advanced technology.

Another sentence that I seen was: “no father to look out for me, teaching me right and wrong. Having a single mom trying to teach me what it means to be a man was very hard for her..” This stood out for me because I know how hard it must’ve been on you, I’ve never been in that situation, but I hope that it doesn’t affect you long term, and just keep pushing and being motivated to keep education number one priority and family. Don’t let anything bring you down.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me when I was young. I would be discouraged when my dad would never be home on time, relating to your dad not being there for you, but even still now I just think of my dad as a provider, I don’t have an actual relationship with him because he works so much. I feel so awkward talking to my dad, because we barely talk to each other in the same house, but anyways, thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I know you have some more stories to tell and post to respond too, I hope you do well in the future.

3. Taleb 3 weeks ago

Dear Izaiah,
    I am speechless about your poem, “Listen up, America,” because it was awesome. I love how you included that you had no father and it was difficult growing up with a single mother.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “The advice I would give the leaders of America would be to ?take Donald J. Trump out of his role in Washington, D.C” I think this is outstanding because I am also against Trump being our racist president. He needs to be replaced.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. My father once went to Yemen and stayed there for 2 years. I just had started middle school and I only stayed with my mother and siblings. It was hard because my mom doesn’t drive and doesn’t speak English.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to see what other amazing advice do you have for our leaders. I also want to see what you have accomplished during the years.