Dear Leaders of America,

I am Joshua McRea. I am a 12th grader in the Media academy at Fremont High School and I am 16 years old. I have learn the about the Unite The Right Rally at Charlottesville, Virginia and have found this rally has caused a riot among the protesters. Many were injured and some were killed and the police seemed to be too late. My experience growing up in America is that I never really paid much attention to politics and I never really cared until recently. The issues we have right now is the racism being spread in our country because these has caused riots, which had caused many to be injured and some who which have died. They should ban racism to spread in rallies or in movements because this should not be promoted. In the future, America should be a country takes action to minimize racism in its country. I hope we come to an understanding and take action to protect this country.

Joshua McRea

CC BY-SA 4.0 Charlottesville Riot by Joshua is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Dejah 6 months ago

I definitely agree that racism should be something that shouldn’t be taken lightly and America should do something in order to put a stop to the nonsense. It is important that people be accepted whether they are black, white, or any other races and not be shamed or criticized about it. Riots should be unacceptable and America should be able to do something in order to stop it.

2. Angel 6 months ago

I am interested about your letter, “Charlottesville Riot” because I seen a lot of stories about the riots on the news. How long do you think the riots are going to last? Do you think there are going to be more rioters or the riots are going to go away? Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because if I like this writing, maybe i’ll like some of your other writings.

3. Angel 6 months ago

I am interested about your letter, “Charlottesville Riot”, because this story was all over the news. I wonder how the people in Charlottesville feel about the riots and violence. I also wonder what was going through the rioters minds when they were protesting.