Most people know that stress is a problem and that it often affects people’s health. But the problem now is finding the proper way for you to manage your stress. Some common stress relievers are running, yoga, meditation, breathing exercise, talking about your problem or slowing down so you can think clearly. I am a runner so running for me is often a cause of my stress, but it is still a good stress reliever.

A good thing to do is to make a goal on what to do to help your stress and determine what caused it. Making an obtainable goal to help your stress could really help. My stress goal is to stop myself from getting so stressed that I get angry or frustrated. I think the best thing to do to stop or alleviate stress all depends on the circumstances of the situation. You could do breathing exercises to help calm you down.

A good thing to do is yoga, it helps your mind and body, it allows you to de-stress while also getting essential exercise. But in the event that nothing works talking about your problems or simply getting away from them is help enough.Yoga and breathing exercises are the best things for me to do to stop stress.

Photo by Alliance Russe

CC BY-SA 4.0 Stress Management by Sierra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ed 4 weeks ago

Dear Sierra,

Interesting post, I fully agree with you that stress management is a vital skill in today’s world. People’s lives today arguably involve more conflicting stressors than ever before, causing stress management and reduction to be a bigger issue than we’ve seen in the past. Many different methods can be employed to help manage stress, exercise and breathing exercises work for many people, but really finding any sort of passion that you can commit yourself to for lengths of times works, whether that be playing the piano, cooking, reading, or hiking. There are any number of hobbies that you can commit your time to, and in my experience once something clicks for you it’s hard to escape the tug of wanting to do that thing all the time. It’s cool to see people being upfront and positive about confronting stress issues for today’s people.

Thanks,
    Edward

2. Carlos 1 month ago

Your post reminds me of keeping myself in check when it comes to stress. I agree with the facts that stress is huge factor that affects our daily lives. I too get stressed out and the best way for me to deal with it is by letting it go at the gym. This post allows me and hopefully others to remind ourselves that we should not allow stress get to the best of us and just maintain it to continue living a healthy and happy life.

3. Josue 1 month ago

I strongly agree onto the fact that stress could be a big problem into your life. But, it is important to manage it, which you clearly bring up. I would like for you to explore further onto this idea by being social or going out to places to release the stress. I have tried yoga in 6th grade which was fun trying and it definitely does help to get rid of the stress. It would be aweasome if you could list out some other ways you could tackle stress by responding to mhy comment. It was really interesting reading your post.

4. James 1 month ago

Sierra,
    I agree that stress is a problem and I think it’s an even bigger problem than people know about. While running tends to cause your stress, mine is caused by school. At my school, it is easy to quickly become overwhelmed by the amount of studying or homework you have to accomplish on a daily basis. I manage it in a similar way to you, exercise. I play basketball and whenever I step onto the court, I am able to forget about all of the troubles I have and just have a good time. I’ve never tried breathing exercises or yoga to relieve my stress because whenever I sit in a calm situation I tend to think about the things that stress me out. Is that not a problem for you?