My name is Esther Diaz and I hate discrimination. I born in Dominican Republic. I have lived in Jarabacoa, Santo Domingo, La Vega and  Santiago. I am 14 years old. I live in New York. Inside the school, I like to play volleyball and basketball. Also I like math tutorial. I like to outside of school to the park with my best friend Lizamar and run. I am  particularly good at Global History and math and I got that way by studying, reading and watching videos. My plan for the future is to finish my high school and college. My dream is to be a lawyer and also a teacher.

I immigrated to Washington Heights last November, only nine months ago.  My family structure changed because now I live with my father Jose. He would visit me in the DR, but he had worked in New York as a taxi driver for fourteen years.  My mom, Celia, still lives in Jarabacoa, but I talk to her every day.  These changes were both positive and negative for me.  In the beginning I was really confused because people weren’t speaking my language.  Now, I feel confident about my English and I can say what I want.

When I think about injustice, I immediately think about race. Historically, in America, white people have discriminated against black people.  It goes without knows saying that white people have more money, better trains, jobs, restaurants, higher quality food, clothes and everything else, while minorities don’t have as much money and or even as good schools.  In my opinion, this is unjust because everyone is equal and deserves equal resources.

CC BY-SA 4.0 3 True Paragraphs by Esther is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.