Genetic engineering is called genetic modification its mean add more new DNA to an  organisms.In every living thing  all use the same  DNA made of

TACG.Today is   genetic engineering is used for food,medicine,research.Genetic engineering is combining DNA from two or more

organisms  then the DNA become 

recombinant DNA.Scientist figure out that is two types of enzymes restriction and ligase,In restriction enzymes cut the DNA and In ligase enzymes,enzymes  attache the piece of DNA together.Restriction enzymes

are cut DNA sequence and the end is sticky  ends.Genetic engineering has been used in medicine and also used to human albumin,monoclonal antibodies,  antihemophilic  factors.In genetic engineering human cell is the production of insulin.In genetic engineering plasmid is isolated from 

a bacterium then enzymes cut the DNA at specific slide the plasmid is inserted back into the bacterium then the new gene direct to a bacterium and then make a new protein product is called interferon.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Introduction of genetic engineering by Ayesha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.