,

My name is Anderson De la Rosa, and I was born in Dominican Republic.  I am 16 years old.  I have lived Santo Domingo. In school, I like to play baseball, and when I am out of school, I like to play baseball and practice too.  I am particularly good at pitching.  I became good at this because I have played since I was little. In the future, I would like to be a professional baseball player. I dream of being in the big leagues.

I immigrated to New York two years ago.  My life changed in many ways when I immigrated.   The change I’m happiest about is English and my writing because I’m learning better, I’ll write, and I’m doing everything possible so I can help my family.  On the other hand, I am sad because my family is suffering a lot because of the difficult jobs they work, like home attendant.  And, my father is still in the DR.  Now I try to speak English but I still do not speak it well.  I understand it a little though.

There was a time in my life when I experienced justice with a perfect baseball bat. This was the time when I fell in love with baseball. This is an example of justice, because it lifts up Dominican Republic. In my opinion, this was fair because baseball is good for me and my family.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Baseball is Justice for My Family and Me by Anderson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Evelyn 10 months ago

I like what I write and I agree because I have also learned something that I like to do as a soccer player I want to learn to write and speak English well.

2. Carlos 2 years ago

Hey Anderson,
    I intrigued with your post because I aspire the same dream as your self. Ever since I was little I have loved the game of baseball. Baseball has been a way for me to escape realitiy and struggles I face everday. I aspire to become a professional baseball player like your self because it would be amazing to play the sport I love for a living. I also noticed that your from the DR which is cool.