This is a person who was in new york the  first time , he just working out of the bus station  and somebody hear him speaking in spanish, then that lady told him did you need any help and he told her, yes i’m lost , ok let me show you this is manhattan la gran manzana. some people say that this is the place that has the most  larger building, ok and how You get home, there are a bus treen and taxi however here is a lot of place to relax and have fun, let’s go eat is more better for you had a long trip, yes long trip but now is better, he said. Thank you for helping me in this beautiful place.

CC BY-SA 4.0 First time in New York by Genesis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Joshua 4 weeks ago

Dear Genesis,

I am interested in your post, “first time in New York” because not all people help people. It’s very difficult for them to speak their own language, because some people are racist against hispanic people. One person in your story decided to help this person as he behaved when he was going to eat. When I was in New York for the first time nobody helped me I felt that nobody knew I was Hispanic because of my way of acting they think i am from New york city but i am Honduras and you can call me Catracho.
    Thank you for your story. When i see some people speak spanish i will help them.

2. rkallman 1 year ago

I identified with the woman who heard Spanish and immediately wanted to help. New Yorkers may be in a hurry but we can be kind!

3. Tesh 2 years ago

This is a cool recollection of your visit. It shows a first hand account of one of the many things you came across in that vibrant and energetic city.

4. Jody Ordonez 2 years ago

I love this story. The situation seems so authentic!