In many cases racism and discrimination are predicted by the problem of not knowing English, some of the places where the discrimination is greater are in schools, and public places without translators. Some people probably don’t Realise  the harm they cause by making fun of a person that’s in the process of learning a new language. When I first came to the United States I was 9 years old, at first  I was shy to talk , after 2 years of being in school I began to understand everything but still  it was a hard process to speak the language, I  was afraid to say something wrong so I always speak spanish, a year later I entered High School, there i began to speak english more often but even though I know my classmates for 4 years now, I’m still afraid of talking in front of the class, afraid of saying things the wrong way.

The discrimination has been increasing even more since november 8th, 2016 where one of the two candidates choose to discriminate other for support. One of the things that this candidate said was “Mexican immigrants carried “drugs, crime and rapists to the United States” which it’s unfair because not all the people are the same, he can’t blame all the country for a few people that bring drugs or ect. to  the United States. However, another racist case that has occur after the election of November 8th, 2016 “They are all predominantly Muslim nations and since Friday afternoon, when Trump signed the executive order, its citizens are barred from entering the United States. For 90 days” he has a point by doing this because the he want To protect his Nation/Country but he didn’t realise that he was separating families and that once again not all the people are the same.

Racism- prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.

Discrimination-the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why there’s so much discrimination around the world? by Bederlin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Elizabeth 3 months ago

I agree with you I do not understand why we can share the same planet and it is not the same country. I am also afraid to stand in front of a class to make presentations because I am afraid to say something wrong and someone makes fun of me, I would be very embarrassed.

2. Ishak 3 months ago

I like what you think and every one in this world hope the world increasing to the positive and helps each other to make the world safe.

3. Xuefeng 3 months ago

I think everyone is same in this world. Because you know, before we have different things( like skin color, language or custom), we both are human. We are same. So, discrimination shouldn’t appear in the earth, in this world. We should be unit, everyone should be unit. Also, I disagree that candidate says. I don’t think before Mexican come to U.S. , there is no drugs or rape in the U.S. It’s impossible. And last thing is if someone think he is top on other, actually, he is the lowest one.

4. Santiago 3 months ago

I do not know how he could win trump at the time he won many people felt sad and knew what to happen in some years, he is very racist and there is no reason to be racist we are not so different the only thing that changes is the color of The skin and the language in the rest we are all the same. I think that racism is wrong and that it should stop.

5. Ada Okun 3 months ago

Dear Berderlin,
    Thank you for writing such an honest, powerful post about different kinds of racism and discrimination. I was moved by how you connected your personal story to policies that affect people across our country. I believe that learning a second (or third) language is one of the most powerful things a person can do. The first paragraph of your post really shows how much bravery that takes, and how prejudice against “a person that’s in the process of learning a new language” can affect their opportunities to express themselves and connect to others. Thanks for sharing.

Ada