I am from that place when I drive bicycle first time and I fall down so badly.

I left my parents where I am from

I am from the silent place that no one comes to

and  the police station next to that place

And slum next to the police station

I am from a paapdi bush and a tomato vine

Who grew up with me in the childhood.

I am from a big house.

from  Manjras and Topias

I am from “don’t trust Manjras” and “Topias are Intelligent.”

and from “ Manjras  are always lying”

from “ Topia is a huge  family.”

I am from where people don’t like Muslims.

from Biryaani  and Khichdi & Kadi

I am from those moments  

Where I had joyful and awful memories.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Joyful and Awful Memories by Humera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Karen Fasimpaur 4 weeks ago

This is a very powerful poem. Thanks for sharing it. I feel like I know you a little bit from having read it.

(PS I used to have a good friend named Humera. She became a doctor. Also I love biryaani!)

2. Ada Okun 4 weeks ago

Dear Humera,
    Wow, this poem is really moving. You use images that help me picture where you’re from, and that also make me have questions and want to learn more. The first two lines of the poem are powerful: “I am from that place when I drive bicycle first time and I fall down so badly. / I left my parents where I am from.” Each of these lines shows a hard moment; one is much deeper than the other, but they both feel so real. Thank you for sharing such a personal poem.

Ada

3. Santiago 1 month ago

i think your is very great fun and describes you the way you are. One thing I like is when you said ”
    because your describe the intelligent and I liked then your have trust