To Governor Rick Snyder:

The Flint Water Crisis is an issue that you and the city need to deal with. This is a big problem that must be addressed. The poisonous water threatens residents, it might cause cancer and the risk is higher than before. It’s not going away today.

When we consider water issue in today, some might wonder: how is the life going after water is poisonous? Rasheed Wallace’s letter addresses this question because, in his letter, he wrote about the experience that he was in Flint to help residents. In his letter, we can see how was residents’ lives there. For example, some of the folks in Flint can’t take showers because their water is still poisoned with lead. They have to boil water, pour it into the sink and then wash in it.

To begin to solve the problems of ‘Flint Water Crisis’ in your state, I think you should find the reason why water is poisonous and decide a plan with your governor people. And start to do it as soon as possible. This is very important because it connects with residents’ lives. Water is the most basic need. If there is no water that we can use, we can imagine how bad the life is! If people who are in this country can’t get a promise of security, how can those people trust the government? So, it’s the top of your task. If you can deal with it, the quality of residents’ lives will be improved. Then there will be no protests in the street. No one wants to live in a bad condition.

We really hope to have a peaceful life.

July 19th, 2017
Luyao Ou

CC BY-SA 4.0 Letter to Governor of Michigan about the water issue in Flint by Luyao is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jessyca 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed reading your letter. I appreciate people speaking up to the governor for the citizens of Flint. We have been speaking on this issue for a longer amount of time than when it came to light for others, and need for young people to continue the conversation for a basic human right. Thank you for using your voice!

Luyao 4 weeks ago

I am very glad that you’d like this letter. I just wrote what I thought about this event,and I think everyone should have basic needs and basic safe.