The poem “Where I’m from” by George Ella Lyon makes feel like she went through a lot of hardship. She got pictures of her family that she couldn’t remember the faces of them. The benefit writing poems is to express your feelings. Feelings about your family, yourself, your friends, etc. The poem by George Ella Lyon is all about her family and what happened to her grandfather and father.

In the poem with the same title by Willie Perdomo, he talks about his place where there are dangers and gunshots. Where babies fall asleep of a German shepherd named Tarzen. Where his from there is no freedom for the people and women are beaten up by their man. People were killed for no reason by the police.

My comments on NowComment.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Where George Ella Lyon and Willie Perdomo are from by Aliyabanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.