My name is Ashley Cruz  and I was born in Dominican Republic. I am 16 years old.  I have lived in Santiago. In school, I like to participate in classes and do my homework and when I am out of school, I like to Go to a program where we spend the summer studying English. I also like to go swimming with my friends and visit my mother back in Dominican Republic. I am particularly good at volleyball, helping others, and doing what I like. I became good at this because so I can teach others what I can do be a good example for them. In the future, I would like to Be someone important in the world and be a role model to students like me I want to be professional, and my favorite careers what I want to be  a veterinarian lawyer, or maybe a police officer…

I immigrated to New York one years ago.  My life changed in many ways when I immigrated.  The change I’m happiest about is because I have new friends and my life gave a very sudden change and very difficult for me but I’m better because here I have more opportunities.On the other hand, I am sad that Because my mother lives there and is far from me and I miss her a lot and because I am not I do not get used to living here very much. Now I speak English and I am learning English which is more difficult for me of the two language I think English because I still do not  speak it very well but if I can write in English and enter a little.                                                                                                                                                                  

There was a time in my life when I experienced injustice an uncle accused him that I violated his daughter but it was not true and they took him to jail and chastised him of what he did not do in my opinion that was unfair because the mother did it for revenge And what he spent time in prison his mother died and took him to his mother’s wake with many policemen.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Proud Dominican by Ashley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Author
    Ashley 4 months ago

My love, thanks for your words, it’s very cute what you wrote and I feel bad for you

2. Haydee 4 months ago

The sentence that caught my attention was ” I am sad that Because my mother lives there”. This is interesting to me because I understand how to you feel, you want to be with your mother. I feel sad, too because my father, grandmother and me don’t are together, I miss them.

• Bederlin 4 months ago

Im definitely agree with you, thats the worst feeling that we could all go through being away from our mothers/family.

3. Chesary 4 months ago

The sentence that caught my attention was “I also like to go swimming with my friends and visit my mother back in Dominican Republic.” This is interesting to me because Because I also like to travel because I also like to go swimming with my friends and I like to travel to Dominican Republic to visit my mother and my family.

4. Esther 4 months ago

The sentence that caught my attention was “I also like to go swimming with my friends and visit my mother back in Dominican Republic.” This is interesting to me because Because I also like to travel because I also like to go swimming with my friends and I like to travel to Domincan Republic to visit my mother and my family.

5. Nicole 4 months ago

The sentence that caught my attention was ” i want to be a role model” this is interesting to me because i also want to be a role model of my children. This make me think that you will succeed in the future.