My name is Nicole De la Cruz. I was born on November 19th, 2002 in La Vega, Dominican Republic. I am 14 years old. Something important to know about me is that I’m a very active person that is always smiling and laughing at things that are not even funny. Also, I get mad quickly and I’m a sensitive person. I have lived in many places that have been important to me but also it has been an obstacle for some things of my life. I had lived in Hatico, Villa Francisca Segunda, La Primavera and Camboya. In school I like to go to gym class because I like to do exercises, and when I’m out the school, I like to go to my friend’s house, to the park and to visit my family. I am particularly good at dancing. I got that way because since I was little my mom put me in a dance class and since that time I started to feel some special for dancing. My plans for the future are finishing high school and going to college. Also, I would like to be an important person who contributes to the country. Specifically I want to become a pediatrician. Finally, my dreams are to travel the world and to learn multiple languages.

I immigrated to New York on October 16th, I was 11 years old. Leaving my country was so difficult because i left all my family from my mom’s side and they were always supporting me. When I came to the United States, my family structure changed because my sister, my mom and I were going to live with my dad. These changes were positive because we were finally living all together as a family and my dad was also supporting me. I feel fortunate about the languages I speak because learning many languages would help me in the future.

There was a time in my life when i witnessed injustice.  One normal day in the afternoon, in my neighborhood there was some girls that were saying that they wanted to fight a girl. This girl that they wanted to fight was a shy girl, she was friendly and she never got in trouble. They fought her, she by herself vs the group of 6 girls. There were many people around but they let those girls fight this girl. I think this is an injustice because they let innocent people get hurt instead to helping them. In my opinion this is unfair because many people like to hurt others just because they don’t like them.

1. Haydee 2 months ago

This sentence that caught my attention was “there was some girls that were saying that they wanted to fight a girl”. This is interesting to me because you talk about of the injustice and the injustice is about the things bad of the life or world or the things bad that do the people. You understand that did the group of girls were very bad, that the people have think before of do the things or danger.

2. Ashley 2 months ago

Something important to know about me is that I’m a very active person that is always smiling and laughing at things that are not even funny. Also, I get mad quickly and I’m a sensitive person. I have lived in many places that have been important to me but also it has been an obstacle for some things of my life. Is interesting for me because it speaks of education and that is important for life and for a future is one of the most important qualities of a person.