My name is Manuela and I was born on October 10, 2000.  I am 16 years old.  The most important thing in my life is to study, be a loving, caring, very kind and very responsible person.  I have lived in Constanza, Bonao, La Vega and Santo Domingo   I am particularly good at sharing things about my life, and most people consider me very nice.  I became good at this because my family is very open and I have very close friends.   In school, I enjoy being with people – playing, studying, and speaking English!  And when I am out of school, I like to share, play and chat with my friends.  In the future, I would like to be a model. I dream of my family being financially secure in both New York and Dominican Republic.

I immigrated to New York one and a half years ago.  My life changed in many ways when I immigrated.  The change I’m happiest about is l have many opportunities here in new york city because when l arrived in this country, l had to leave part of my family and everything was different. On the other hand, I am sad that because now l am separated from my family  

Now l speak English and Spanish.

CC BY-SA 4.0 3 True Paragraphs: An Introduction by Manuela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.