,

I am sad about Willie Perdomo’s poem, “Where I’m from” because the police came to in his house without knocking on the door and they shoot his dad for no reason.

One part of his poem that stands out for me is where his mother explains to him that this is how his life is, and she also accepts that how is their life. I think this is hopeless because she accepts her life with the poor and she thinks that their whole life she will be like that.

Another part that I’m confused by is where the one girl always wants to know about him and she wants to know where he lives. This stood out for me because she doesn’t know him and when she will know him maybe she is not going to talk to him.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/70558?scroll_to=773554#.WWeYAiMrInU

Image By OscarbOwn work, Public Domain, Link

CC BY-SA 4.0 Willie Perdomo’s “Where I’m From” by Humera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.