,

My name is Abdullah Nasher and it is important to know that I speak Arabic. I was born in 2002. I lived in a city called Ibb in Yemen until I was 14. I like playing soccer. I’m good in soccer, and I got that by training. My plan is to play soccer on a professional soccer team.

My life changed when I immigrated one year ago, and it changed in speaking another language as English. My family structure changed when I immigrated with my brother, father, and my mom, but we left my sisters with my uncle’s family in Yemen. It wasn’t a positive change.  I feel good when I speak those languages because now I am bilingual.

I witnessed an injustice when people were killed. I saw that in the media. It was in a city called Myanmar (Burma.). It was unfair because the people were killed because they practiced another religion. In my opinion, this is unfair because anyone can practice any religion.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Wada’n Yemen, Hello New York by Abdullah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Eclas 1 month ago

I love how you went in deep about your experience with your religion, it takes a strong person to stand out and talk about a situation like that. I also have trouble with my religion in this nation. I’m Somalian and proud and everyone always wants to be racist or mad dog me because of my scarf. I keep strong and its crazy how people are dying because of their religion.