My name is Rocensky Jean Baptiste and I was born in 2002.  I am 14 years old.  I have lived in the Republic of Haiti. In school, I like to read, and when I am out of school, I like to go to the library. I am very nice. I became good at this because I have an objective.  In the future, I would like to be a doctor. I dream of saving lives.

I immigrated to New York one year ago.  My life changed in many ways when I immigrated.  The change I’m happiest about is Have a new life,with all because I can learn what I want because I people who help me and, who support me and, I can believe has a better future in the following year. On the other hand, I am sad that I leave all my friends and most of my family close. Now I speak English , Creole, and French, which is overwhelming!

There was a time in my life when I experienced injustice.  This was the time when I defended my little brother in his school, when these classmates treated him badly and made him ridiculous everywhere. In my opinion, this was unjust because no one has the right to punish or condemn someone because he does not like him, and we must know our neighbor before we criticize.

1. Yehara 2 months ago

Dear Rocensky,

I am identified with your Six word memoir, “I walk slowly to go faster” because It is similar in some ways to what I am doing right now. I’m working slowly and very hard to improve more in all my objects on the school. But, my goal it’s to go further and be the best in what I expect to be in the future.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is:
    “I would like to be a doctor, I dream of saving lives”
    I think this is interesting because I want to be a doctor too. To help the ones who really need it and as a result, make their lives better.

Another sentence that I liked was:
    “This was the time when I defended my little brother in his school, when these classmates treated him badly and made him ridiculous everywhere”
    This stood out for me because when a related is victim of bullying it’s one of the worst unjust things that we can experienced.

Your 3rd paragraph of injustice
    reminds me of some things that happened to me. Many times
    I needed to defend my two little sisters of the dangers that she make front in their school. Actually, I help them by saying advices to them for when they are in danger, they just could find the way to be safe of bullying or whatever situation. I feel great because these intelligent little girls are passing their infancy without any injustice.

Thanks for your writing.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I read that we have some things in common. Also, because your picture make a strong connection with what are you trying to say so it makes your six words more interesting. And in conclusion, i liked to know that after you came to The United States you improved in so many ways so you could write perfectly in few time.

2. Ishak 2 months ago

what I like of this Essay the image it’ under stand to me by the title