Nearly 9 in 10 abortions take place early in pregnancy (Abort73, 2017). Women around the world use abortion to control reproduction. Abortion is the action of ending a human’s pregnancy, most often done during the first 16 weeks of pregnancy. Abortion is a procedure that people have used for thousands of years but it started getting more attention in the US when Roe v. Wade promoted a national debate that continues today about issues including whether, and to what extent, abortion should be legal, who should decide the legality of abortion, what methods the Supreme Court should use in constitutional adjudication, and what the role should be of religious and moral views in the political sphere. Women should have the right to have an abortion because if not, they will end up with dangerous and risky decisions.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Critical Conversation by Noor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.