Here I live in a city full of lights but still no one I knew ever made it out the dark

Here I live in a city where living is not really living but dying is really dying

The city I live in is like a never ending tunnel of darkness and madness and never-ending deaths

The city I live in always had a bad name and a bad reputation people who not even from my city judge my city

People who only hear and see the bad things about my city judge my city

But me,  I can’t be mad at them people that don’t live in my city

and who judge my city

They only see what the people who HATE my city want them to see Guns, violence, gangs, and hate

The city I live in isn’t any Beverly Hills or have a lot of people who care about my city or even have fancy schools

But the city I live in taught me how to survive in this jungle we call war

The city I live in is the city that I love

the city that gave me life lessons and blessings

The city I live in and love is my city

And that city is Oakland, California,

CC BY-SA 4.0 My City by Kemonjie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.