Looking through the article, “How Human Cloning Will Work” by Kevin Bonsor & Cristen Conger provided the diagram above of what is needed to clone a human. First, a donor egg is needed, and nucleus removed in order to fuse it with the cells of the person being cloned. With electricity they fuse, implanting the embryo to the mother to give birth to it after. Other sources provided the same diagram and order. They were all broad in the specifics to human cloning but an expert would have to do this or else the process could possibly go wrong.

Researching about human cloning was unique in the sense that because human cloning is banned, most of the sources are around 2001. In the article, “The Ethics of Human and Stem Cell Research” it spoke of different people coming together grabbing religious perspectives, law perspectives and scientist’s views. Co-founder of GeneSage Paul Billings listed his arguments, stating, “There is no right to have a genetically related child. Cloning is not safe. Cloning is not medically necessary. Cloning could not be delivered in an equitable manner.” People want to use human cloning to have a children. Yet this would impose troubles already when Billings states that not only is it not safe (not having tested and possibly going out of control) but it won’t be available to all. The wealthy will be able to afford, but just them since cloning is expensive.

“9 Unexpected Outcomes Of Human Cloning” written by George Dvorsky brings up another issue. “This probably wouldn’t pose a problem for the first generation of clones, but if some lines are reproduced enough, it could lead to an incessant rash of mistaken identity.” Crimes could possible be committed and the wrong person can be convicted. However, if you look deeper into the matter there will be a loss of diversity. Having people with the same characteristics will make the world lose its beauty.

But the real issue is the unknown. Is it safe? Scientists can’t really reassure anything in that matter because they haven’t been able to clone. It is not accepted in society, but they have done cloning with animals that has been successful. So how much? “Cloning’s High Cost” by Matthew Herper states”For a recent paper on cloning in Science, PeterMombaerts Peter Mombaerts, a scientist at Rockefeller University in New York City who clones mice, ran through 4,000 mouse oocytes–he estimates that might be $2,000 worth of mice. Doing the same work in humans, he estimates, could cost $2 million.” This however was in 2001. Possible cost for it now could be through the roof. The cost to society could be worse, laws could be implementing for regulations on the companies but would clones be seen as people? If there is discrimination on people’s skin color or race then there is no difference. The idea of cloning is fascinating but society is not ready mentally or psychically (if some scifi infection were to happened).

Citation:

Bonsor, Kevin, and Cristen Conger. “How Human Cloning Will Work.” HowStuffWorks Science. HowStuffWorks, 02 Apr. 2001. Web. 01 June 2017.

Dvorsky, George. “9 Unexpected Outcomes Of Human Cloning.” Io9. Io9.gizmodo.com, 17 July 2014. Web. 01 June 2017.

Herper, Matthew. “Cloning’s High Cost.” Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 26 Nov. 2001. Web. 01 June 2017.

University, Santa Clara. “The Ethics of Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research.” Resources – Bioethics – Focus Areas – Markkula Center for Applied Ethics – Santa Clara University. SCU, n.d. Web. 01 June 2017

CC BY-SA 4.0 Human Cloning by Mireya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.