In 1935, that was when GMO was started or discovered. In 1994 is when GMO foods were getting sold in stores. GMO is a laboratory process where genes from a DNA is forced into genes of an unrelated plant or animal. There are hundreds of foods that are genetically modified such as salad dressing, cereal, frozen yogurt, vanilla peanut butter, pasta, alcohol, etc. Almost 98% of Canadian grown Canola is genetically engineered, many people don’t the ,any effects it has on someone’s life.  Nonetheless, many of these foods are sold at grocery stores, and to a shopper, he/she wouldn’t pay attention to what they’re grabbing. The pros of eating GMO foods is resistance to insects, tolerant to herbicides, tolerance for heat, cold and drought, and crop yield. But, the cons are food allergies, organism in the ecosystems can be harmed, has bacteria and viruses, and it can emerge new diseases. The environmental impacts GMO’s would have is that “By year 2050, there will be 9.5 billion people living on this planet. This means that in less than 50 years, world population is expected to increase by 3 billion. Feeding these people will mean massive changes in the production, distribution, and stability of food products.” according to the ISAAA. Between 2008 and 2012 the cost of producing GMO products rounds up to 136 million.

• Woosley, GL. “GMO Timeline: A History of Genetically Modified Foods.” GMO Inside. N.p., 13 Sept. 2012. Web. 01 June 2017.
  • Duvauchelle, Joshua. “Pros & Cons of GMO Foods.” LIVESTRONG.COM. Leaf Group, 13 Jan. 2014. Web. 01 June 2017.
  • Smith, Jefery. “The GE Process.” Responsible Technology. N.p., n.d. Web.
  • Smith, Jefery. “GMOs in Food.” Institute for Responsible Technology. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 June 2017.
  • Murnaghan, Ian. “Fact Sheet: Pros and Cons.” Fact Sheet: Pros vs Cons. N.p., 31 May 2017. Web. 01 June 2017.
  • ISAAA. “Pocket K No. 4: GM Crops and the Environment.” GM Crops and the Environment – Pocket K | ISAAA.org. N.p., Sept. 2027. Web. 01 June 2017.
  • Rickinreallife. “How Much Time Does It Take and How Much Does It Cost to Successfully Develop a Hybrid with One or More Transgenic Traits from Conception to Commercial Release. Can You Categorize the Portion of Costs That Are Incurred as a Result of Meeting Regulatory Ap.” Rickinreallife. N.p., 11 Sept. 2013. Web. 01 June 2017.
  • Colbert, Treacy. “GMOs: Pros and Cons.” Healthline. Healthline Media, 05 Oct. 2016. Web. 01 June 2017.

These are all useful sources because not only does some of these use other sources for their information but it’s also very accurate. Many of these sites go right to the point and gives the audience the information they will need. Also, these websites makes the reader think about the foods they are digesting. With the cons provided me, myself would think twice about what I am eating. These sources are different from other because the information provided is top notch.

The sources fit in with my research because my main point is to stop GMO in foods. It’s put too many people’s bodies in risk, and it’s a waste of money because there are so many farms that can grow crops organically. All of these sources were very useful to me. It helps shape my argument due to the information given. I can use these sources in my senior project by giving the audience a reaction, and informing them to what they are eating on a daily basis. It makes me think differently I strongly believe that GMO is very dangerous, as far as bodily harm.

CC BY-SA 4.0 GMO in foods … Dangerous by Stasia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.