,

My team and I have been studying creativity in classroom for sometime. In school, there are already a lot of opportunities out there in schools to engage in creative ways of learning. However, most of these opportunities require the students to reach out to a large extent. For example, some subjects offer an independent study class in which the student reach out to the teachers and they have to be accepted in to a minimal group of people. Of course, this is a step in the right direction. Though, my team and I are thinking that creativity should be a normal expectation and exercise it in all schools. In one research site called  20 Clever Ways to Teach Creativity in the Classroom, we saw a lot of talk about integrating it in to the everyday steps of school. We also saw this in Why Creativity in the Classroom is more important than ever. As we commented and discussed that information, we decided that it should be integrated at a very young age so that kids do not have to feel uncomfortable, and are used to independent challenging themselves. Therefore, the kids will come to class with a feeling of independence in a guided learning environment. My question to my audience is, what do you think about making creativity a more tangible thing in your school career? If so, what would be the best way for you?

20 Clever Ways to Teach Creativity in the Classroom

http://www.edudemic.com/creativity-in-the-classroom/

• Ben Crino, Zach Erdman, Trip Murphy

CC BY-SA 4.0 Ways to Better Advance Creativity in the Classroom by Ben is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.