Sex Trafficking is something many of us Americans have heard about or talked about, but we never really have been truly educated about it. Nor have we truly understood how big of an issue it is in America. To understand how enormous of an issue this is, do says, “According to the U.S. State Department, 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year, of which 80% are female and half are children” (do That is a huge portion of people!  Sex trafficking is just 2 words, but these two words are full of lies, violence, manipulation and crime. The International Justice Mission defines it as, “Simply, it is sexual violence as a business” (International Justice Mission). Overall I believe more should be done to prevent this and we all need to do a better job of shedding a light on this dilemma and becoming more aware. 

We have also added a piece of media that describes sex trafficking and its effects on the victims.

Jason, Emily and Melaina

CC BY-SA 4.0 Sex Trafficking Summary and why it needs to be stopped by Melaina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.