,

The topic I chose for my 30 second hook was from my senior exhibit on Police Brutality. I presented some shocking history an evidence about my topic to draw my audience to want to hear more about what I had to say about my topic. In order to present my final recordings I had to record myself five times to get to the recording that I felt was best. In the beginning I was forgetting what I had to say or I had stuttered on saying what I wanted to say but it wouldn’t come out right. What I did was took a second and instead of being crunched up I was in one of the higher power poses and I felt like I could present it better right from there. I felt more confident looking in the camera and saying what I had to say. I felt that my tone was the best thing I had going for the presentation. My tone was confident and didn’t sound like I was quite. When I would state the facts I would make my tone a bit louder and pause for the audience to gather the fact I told them about police brutality. What I need to practice more is the eye contact when presenting to a crowd because I noticed I sometimes would linger off into looking somewhere else. My pace was also fast when I started and I had to slow down. Watching myself helped me realize what skills I need to work on to be a better presenter. My confidence and posture improved because going over the recordings over and over helped me to get more experience with performing in front of an audience.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My 30 second hook by KeJahn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.