President Trump signed an executive order that took off the obama administration to  ensure that federal contractors complied with labor and civil rights laws forbidding discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. As lawmakers, both supported a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in 2006, though Sessions promised in his confirmation that he would follow the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage equality.

However some parts of Latin America remain the standard for equality for LGBT rights. Argentina’s Gender Identity Law 2012 allowed the change of gender on birth certificates for transgender people. It also legalised same-sex marriage in 2010, giving same-sex couples the same rights as opposite-sex couples, including the right to adopt children.

CC BY-SA 4.0 LGBT by Ruby is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.