Genetic engineering is a way of modifying the DNA in an organism and its used to modify the characteristics. It can be used not only in Medicine but also in food. For example we are surrounded by genetic modify food which  makes its less expensive for us to buy. When going to a grocery store the organic food is more expensive to buy than the genetic modify food, the reason behind this is that it can be produced at a faster rate and is more affordable. The mandarins ” Cuties ” are also genetically modified and this is a great example of how with genetic engineering you can change the characteristics for example the size, because if you pay close attention they are always the perfect adorable size and don’t forget the perfect color and taste. With genetic engineering the perfect food can be created not only in looks but also in taste.

GMO Facts

The Environmental Impact of GMOs

CC BY-SA 4.0 #gutreaction #geneticengineering by Guadalupe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kmahjanay 3 months ago

I like how you went in depth with your topic and I feel like we are at risk if we keep letting a scientist modify our crops.

2. Curtis 3 months ago

Your post is significant and it is understanding. I am interesting with your idea of gmos and your opinions on what gmos are and what they can do. I’m not a big fan of gmos because honestly I feel is that it would be better to have crops grown naturally and healthy instead of our crops being modified and produced in a lab by scientintist. I think it should be done the right way.

3. Jaymee 3 months ago

Dear , Guadalupe

I am interested in post because GMOs in food always caught my attention. I want to see how fast or slow these GMO foods grow.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: “The mandarins ” Cuties ” are also genetically modified and this is a great example of how with genetic engineering you can change the characteristics for example the size, because if you pay close attention they are always the perfect adorable size and don’t forget the perfect color and taste” I think this is interesting because when i see regular oranges, they are ugly and stuff but when i see the cuties, they’re cute and clean with no marks.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i seen a stack of small potato’s that cost $6.00 and then i seen a pack or big flawless potato’s for half the price.

Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i want to find out the effect that GMO foods have on humans.