There has been a great controversy between having genetic engineering food that is not only produced faster but also at a more affordable price. Some people argue that having organic food is better for the human body because it does not affect the body like the genetic modify food is believed to do so. According to Non-GMO Project it states, “In more than 60 countries around the world, there have been significant restrictions on the production and sale of GMOs”. The reason behind this is because Genetically Modified food it’s believed to cause allot of harm to the human body. Some countries have just forced companies to label if their product is genetically modified, therefore consumers can know what they are purchasing and can have a better sense of what they are bringing into their systems. Although it’s not only humans who are being affected by this but also other organisms according to an article by James Jordan says “ GMOs may be toxic to non-target organisms, bees and butterflies being the most talked-about examples currently.” This shows how genetically modified crops it’s affecting us and the environment we live in and they should be banned or at least there should be more laws that require companies to label them as GMO’s.

CC BY-SA 4.0 #geneticengineering by Guadalupe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. […] #geneticengineering […]

2. Mireya 2 years ago

Do you think that over time there will be an increase in GMOs? Can you name some examples of which companies are making GMO foods?

3. Kmahjanay 2 years ago

What steps do you think we should take to get rid of it?